Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How bad is it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rigglet
I just took these pictures of my hell hole. It doesn't look bad to me, but I'd love some more experienced opinions. The PO fixes the passenger side floor pan and the inner rocker. No sure why they didn't take care of this, or maybe its new since the previous repair. Who knows....

Obviously more grinding and paint removal will need to be done to see if anything lurks below and the battery tray needs to be replaced along with an appropriate support. This is just kind of a first assesment.

I have a plan in place to pull the motor and trans next winter, so I will make these repairs when I do that. I bought the car right before winter this year, so I haven't had a chance to really drive it yet. I'm going to drive it through the spring/summer/fall this year before I really get into the major work.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
SLITS
It LOOKS like there is only penetration of the inner wheel house metal and no holes in the long itself - doesn't effect the structral integrity. Not a great problem and not a hard fix and not really that bad at all.

You can get some sleep now.
rigglet
Thanks SLITS! I know I'll have to dig deeper to find out if there are any hidden demons. I appreciate the response. It will help me to sleep knowing my car shouldn't suddenly fold in half. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
did you pull the rocker covers yet?
rigglet
Not yet. That is next on the list. I haven't pulled them yet because 1) It's really cold right now and 2) I am hopeful that the PO took care of this area when he did the inner rockers.

Truth be told I'm probably delaying because I'm scared of what I may find under there. av-943.gif
roadster fan
I'll trade with you! sad.gif

Click to view attachment

I know.........I get to keep mine, huh? dry.gif

Crazyhippy
Good thing those cars aren't in Cali... we would have cut them up by now...

Both very saveable though

BJH
PinetreePorsche
OK, but when you get t break in the cold weather, take a screwdriver or an awl and poke vigorously on the top and bottom of the longs, and don't put off the jack points and front end of the longs, too. I had a half-cup plus of misc small gravel and sand packed in front of each jack point--only noticed it when the jack went up and the car came back down. Turned out to be just the point--easy fix-- but don't put it off.
rigglet
Thanks for all the advice and assesments! Much appreciated.

Oh...and Roadster Fan....yeah....you can keep yours. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.