Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s Everywhere! Landed in California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
So I land at Ontario Airport in Southern California, pick up my rental car, and get ready to hit the 10 when I see a hot little yellow 914. I change direction and chase it down.

I notice the Team NARP and Series 9 stickers on the back... I'm thinking, "I should know this person"

Pull up beside it, roll down the window and identify myself as Qarl from 914 World/Club... whatever.

It's TOAST! ha ha! And Jeff from Texas(???)

I hit the 10 and see a Signal Orange 914, but can never catch up.

I think I've seen maybe 2 914s on the road in Florida in the past 6 months. I land in California, and it's 2 914s in 30 minutes.

piratenanner.gif
TROJANMAN
Was that today, or yesterday? Joe had a BBQ yesterday. They could have been on their way back cool_shades.gif
rick 918-S
That's a cool story! thumb3d.gif Hey All! wavey.gif
Hammy
Wow. Small world
iamchappy
Qarl, I will baby sit your cars when your gone. See you .....
Carrera916
Maybe you ought to move to Califunny....it's trying to tell you something....it's 914 MECCA here, pal! piratenanner.gif

j
Aaron Cox
next time give us some warning of when you are inbound!

KaptKaos
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 21 2007, 03:11 PM) *

next time give us some warning of when you are inbound!

agree.gif
jim_hoyland
Shoulda said you were coming; there was a 914 bar-b-ques for Chris; and he only came from san Francisco. We haven't seen a Floridian since Hot Dog nade his epic journey from Monteray, CA to FL.

Here's a pic of Toasts beauty

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Jim
Howard
Qarl who?
Joe Bob
Does he own a 914?......or at least within the last month or so?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 21 2007, 06:54 PM) *

Shoulda said you were coming; there was a 914 bar-b-ques for Chris; and he only came from san Francisco. We haven't seen a Floridian since Hot Dog nade his epic journey from Monteray, CA to FL.

Here's a pic of Toasts beauty

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Jim

I got to ride in that car.. it's great!!!!

PinetreePorsche
Here on the other coast they're harder to spot. I already know about one unrestored, very rusty 914 whose owner (original) works at an auto parts near me. Other than him (twice on the road in a year and a half), I have seen NO other 914s --except at our club events. Only recall one other in the past 5 years! So what a shock it was to see the same black Lotus Europa in my neighborhood twice in 2 weeks--must live near me--I was in a non-914 both times, so he didn't "see" me.
Spoke
Here in Allentown, I've only come across one 914 on the road. I pulled in to my local hardware store with my green 914 and there was a beautiful red 914 six conversion, narrow Fuchs and all. Not sure if the Fuchs were 14 or 15 inch.

The guy had the entire car done for him and it was clean. Looking at the engine, I commented on how nice the carbs looked. He mentioned that they were bought new for more than $4000.

That's it for my 914 sightings in Allentown over the past 3 years.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.