Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 to rebuild - Sugestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Ive got a 1.7 with a bad rod bearing I'm tearing down with the intent to rebuild and sell as a good long block. Anything I should look at having done while it's open? Looking for best bang for the buck. I really don't plan on putting a stroker crank or anything exotic. Perhaps balancing.

Any thoughts
Rusty
Unless you already have someone that want's the work done... why not sell it as-is? Let the buyer determine the amount of work/parts/money to sink into the engine.

While I might want to do a "best bang for the buck" motor for my own car... I'd be leery of buying one.
Mikey914
Basically I have this extra motor just sitting in my garage. I thought that it might be easier to get rid of if I rebuilt it. I was planing on having Dan Hall to the bottom end and going over the heads, but I'd probably have $400+ into it, so maybe your right. It's not really worth it.
Chris Pincetich
As a Classifieds addict I can say that I have not seen a 1.7 sell for more than $600-$700 rebuilt with HEs....fun project but be careful you don't waste too much $$. As a core only (As is) these motors are super cheap Free-$250.
New rings and fixed parts, buttoned up and good to go you might do OK. Have fun beerchug.gif
toon1
EASY in emeyville ca. sells them for $350., running with FI.
Rusty
And Jake sells them for 5k-plus.

Ya get what ya pay for. dry.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jan 22 2007, 05:11 PM) *

Running. Wow. Just what I probably need.
What is the business called besides EASY. I looked online business directory but came away empty. I am interested in learning more since I don't have the big bucks for those $5K engines if I need to go that engine route to get mine rolling beyond my driveway.
Thanks.
Hammy
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Jan 22 2007, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(toon1 @ Jan 22 2007, 05:11 PM) *

Running. Wow. Just what I probably need.
What is the business called besides EASY. I looked online business directory but came away empty. I am interested in learning more since I don't have the big bucks for those $5K engines if I need to go that engine route to get mine rolling beyond my driveway.
Thanks.

http://www.easypor.com/
Mikey914
Ok, I think I'll probably just part out the good parts, and use the proceeds to modify a 2.0 bus motor I can bet my hands on cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.