Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tjkrueger
I recently purchased a 914 for the track and it has OMP Gripper seats in it which are to narrow for me (I'm a 40" waist). I'd like to get some seats that fit me better, trying not to spend a fortune reinventing this. I had Recaro Pole Position SPG in my Boxster and like it, but I want to make sure that they will fit in the car without major modifications. Also, has anyone been successful in install GT3 seat in a 914?
Any suggestions? Tom
thomasjkrueger@gmail.com
Matt Romanowski
If you look in the paddock, there was a pretty recent (<3 months ago) thread about fat man seats. Seems like most people went Kirkey or Ultrasheild.

I have a Kirkey Road Race, but I changed the floor brace and rails out so it's almost on the floor.
byndbad914
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jan 22 2007, 08:43 AM) *

If you look in the paddock, there was a pretty recent (<3 months ago) thread about fat man seats. Seems like most people went Kirkey or Ultrasheild.

I have a Kirkey Road Race, but I changed the floor brace and rails out so it's almost on the floor.
I have the Ultrashield road race seat - very good price and fit like Kirkeys (I would argue they are identical frankly, but cheaper). They fit very well and can be made to your exact measurements. You can call them directly to order.

http://www.ultrashieldrace.com/prod.php?id=2

edit - oh yeah, if using the stock seat rails and making brackets, I would get the 10deg since you can tip it back on the mount. If going straight to the floor, get the 20deg. IMO. I bought 10s expecting to use the stock brackets until the chassis shop f'd them all up and had to make angled mounts to get the feel right, which is at 20deg roughly.
Rough_Rider
Hey Tom,
Yes i've seen GT3 seat in 14's, Neo's 914 project car had them at the SEMA show.

Also i recall someone mentioned >20" width wouldn't fit between the centre tunnel & inner long.

BTW, if your selling the OMP seat i'd be very interested, drop us a PM.

Thanks
Trev.
tjkrueger
QUOTE(Rough_Rider @ Jan 22 2007, 11:06 AM) *

Hey Tom,
Yes i've seen GT3 seat in 14's, Neo's 914 project car had them at the SEMA show.

Also i recall someone mentioned >20" width wouldn't fit between the centre tunnel & inner long.

BTW, if your selling the OMP seat i'd be very interested, drop us a PM.

Thanks
Trev.

Yes, they are for sale. They are OMP "Grip" and are 3 years old in good condition (no tears, rips, etc.). New they cost $1,870 including side rails and sliders. I'd like to get $1,200+shipping for the pair. Tom
jhadler
I installed Corbeau Forza's in my car. Wider than I need for my scrawny carcass, but I wanted to be able to allow for other driver and passengers.

I previously had a clubman style seat, and I was pretty much the only one that would comfortably fit in the seat. Problem was, the seat was too deep, and I had to use a backpad to keep the backs of my knees off the seat.

I friend of mine had these in his Pro Rally EvoVIII, he loved them, and he was of a <ahem> heftier build.

My previous thread about the corbeau's

-Josh2
tjkrueger
Hey byndbad914,
Did you get the Ultra Shield Pro or Deluxe? Did it involve a lot of fabrication to get them to work/fit? Did you do only the driver's seat or both?
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.