Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not my brightest question! I am wearing my
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
army dude

On my 74 teener with a v8 the "shift linkage bar/rod" has been cut,welded and worm clamped together and looks generally like crud!! I worry about its structural integrity. My question is.............Are there different "rods" for different years for side shift trannys? I need this before I post in the classifieds for one so I don't look silly on many boards. THANX!!!!!

Ian in Iraq...Again
GaroldShaffer
Nope.

Keep your head down over there and THANK YOU! flag.gif flag.gif
Mid_Engine_914
Here's the PET catalog with diagrams and part numbers of all the 914's parts https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/pdf/e...USA_KATALOG.pdf (3.6 mb). Do you have broadband in Iraq? Stay safe.

army dude
I am SOOOOOOooo computer illiterate that when I bought my computer I had to buy a hammer to shut it off. I know I am pretty fast here but can't compare it to anything else. It comes off of a satellite dish and magically, it works!!! The catalog did come through. THANKS!!!

Ian in Iraq...Again
Dr. Roger
Ian,

If your transaxle has been relocated rearward then this modification must been utilized. Some "extensions" are more glamorous than others. blink.gif

Mine isn't the most pretty thing but it's damn strong.

If your car shifts well, with the current ugly extension, then I'd focus on getting the extension rewelded and call it good.

Hose clamps are no way to go. beerchug.gif

Seriously dude. Stay safe the best you can. We need all of the 914 owners we can get. biggrin.gif

Roger
aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
When I did my shift rod I had two rods. I figured out how much I needed to lengthen the new rod. I cut both rods, one with the added length. Then I located a piece of round bar that fit inside and plug welded it inside one half, then slid the other section on and drilled a hole through it. I used a grade 8 bolt with a nylock nut to secure the other section. This allows me to remove the shift rod easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.