Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche vs. Bird
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
someone fowarded this link to me....don't know what language or any details, just found the series of pictures very disturbing. Nice car though.

Bird missle

I'll guess the car was going 150+mph....(250 KM/yac)...???
drgchapman
Pheasant?

I regularly hunt pheasant, big birds. ~3 pounds a piece or so.
I had one fall right at my feet after taking a load of #6 from my 20 guage, big WUMP!

That made quite the WUMP when it went through that windshield!

Lucky driver and passenger.............. blink.gif
Mikey914
It amazing how much force a bird can produce above 100 mph. I fly for a regional airline that had a bird strike down in Medford about 2 years ago. The aircraft was landing and slowed to about 140mph hit 2 Canadian geese. The one that hit the windshield went through triple laminated glass about 2 inches thick !!

Brando
Looks like what happens when you throw a bird into a blender on puree... ohmy.gif barf.gif
grantsfo
Yeah that was on Boxster boards a couple years ago. More on it at the big Boxster board.
TheCabinetmaker
I gave it five stars and voted, although i don't know what for.
Hammy
I was doing 75 down the freeway and had a rock dove (pigeon) smack and bump off the upper part of the windshield. Scared me big time and feathers everywhere. But the bird kept flyin' blink.gif
Pat Garvey
Try hitting a wild turkey at 90 mph! The scene is still vivid in my mind - feathers, meat & blood everywhere. Completely coated the windshield & forced me to ditch to the median (thank God for no concrete barrier, because I was steering by lloking out the side window). That was just SO MUCH FUN to clean off in a rainstorm. Turkeys have a LOT of fat in them.

Still scared after 10 years!
type47fan
[quote name='rmital' date='Jan 22 2007, 09:25 AM' post='852708']
someone fowarded this link to me....don't know what language or any details, just found the series of pictures very disturbing. Nice car though.

Bird missle

It's Russian. . . .

I hit a pigeon while going about 70 on the 405 freeway, near John Wayne Airport, many years ago. The unfortunate creature flew head on into the windshield/roof transition of my '71 VW and exploded in a trail of feathers behind me. Two inches lower and. . . .

No damage to the car.
Trevorg7
Reminds me of my office/duck story.

Read here and you will see the same car too

T
autohausdolby
Yew!!!! That's messy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.