Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rebuild $
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
so what is a ball park for a complete rebuild of a 2.0 ? anyone got brad ( peoria IL) # ? biggrin.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi Mike

Brad's # is 309 694-1797
BigDBass

Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear about your engine.

Brad's number is 309/694-1797. I just talked to him the other day. I'm going to trailer my 914 to him sometime in the next month or two to look at a handful of things. He said he's pretty booked up with a couple motor rebuilds and other winter projects.

How 'bout a McMark/Raby 2056? biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
thanks guys beerchug.gif

i am weighing my options .. stock rebiuld .. mc mark or my rebuilding it biggrin.gif
DanT
for a stock rebuild you should be able to get it done for ~$1500-2000
figure about 500 for P/Cs
200 for cam
500+ or so for head work
300 for bearings, gaskets etc.

this assumes you do the build yourself. And your current motor has good parts to work with

all depends on how much you do yourself and what you want to accomplish. Not to metion how much of your existing motor you can machine/reuse.

I am in the middle of doing this right now.

nomex on welder.gif
1bad914
Do it yourself, very satisfying. The parts (bearings, gaskets...) are not that expensive, the heads can cost a few $$ depending on what level of rebuild you want. My 1.7 heads are at a local shop that I trust to do the work, there are many other options RIMCO, Len... The cam and lifters can set you back depending on what you want, but it is still cheaper and much more satifying to do it yourself. IMHO.
Jake Raby
Based on what my customers tell me most shops quote 5.5-6K for a 100% bone stock 2.0 rebuild. Thats done by a Porsche shop with no special attention being given to the heads or balance work.

Buying one of my kits allows you to do the job youself but to utilize components that allow you to do the job BETTER than most shops. This kit includes BRAND NEW CNC machined LE180/914 2.0 replica heads.

Due to demand I also offer a 100% stock rebuild kit for the 2.0, its still based the same heads, its a tad bit less money than the 2056, but less than 300.00 in savings. The 2056 is the way to go with the added power, cooler head temps and etc.
sk8kat1
what is the turn around time right now for a 2056 kit?
Jake Raby
Our turnaround times have been dcreasing with new, more efficient means of kit prep and etc. Today the only thing that takes us more than a couple of weeks to complete are the cylinder heads which take 8 weeks if the kit has LE series heads. The basic 2056 kit does not have LE series heads and would take 3-4 weeks if it was ordered today. This does vary and is totally dependant upon workload and availability of our new head cores.
Brando
Buy Raby's 2056 kit, and don't look back. Do the assembly yourself with his video.

It's what I should have done, but I squeak when I walk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.