Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold the 914 and most projects related to it are going as well...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Well, I sold the 914 last week and the many projects related to it are going as well.....tons of stuff to sell, give away or throw away since I don't have any plans of getting back into 914s or Porsches in general.

I've meet tons of great people and I hope that I'll still be welcomed to visit here or at functions without being a 914 owner anymore smile.gif

No real project lined up, I have been eyeing the Locost 7's since building my own car seems like what i really want to do...the 914 is an awesome platform, but I think I was always wanting to make it something it wasn't......

For the time being I am just going to enjoy having nothing to work on....once I get a hold of Brad, the billet hubs are being sent to him and except for the CV's I machine for Eric Shea, no more 914/Porsche related projects for me.

thanks all, and best wishes...

Mike Mueller

craig downs
Best of luck for your future very sad to see you go. I hope to see around here
and don't disappear. I enjoyed reading and what you had to offer you will be
missed.
drewvw
wavey.gif
TonyAKAVW
Mike: May the vector product of mass and acceleration by with you.

For the time being I am just going to enjoy having nothing to work on

Thats not going to last very long. Its in you to work on stuff, and you know it to be true. If its not the 914, it will be something else. I guarantee it.

If you ever build your locost 7, post pics here.

-Tony
Aaron Cox
dude...
sorry to see ya go bud smile.gif

whatcha doin with the throttle bodies?!?! you gotta finish them first!
brant
Mike,

wow..
I for one would like to thank you
you have done so much for this community
and so much for me personally.

you will be VERY, VERY missed.

best of luck in all that you do and all of your future projects.
brant
cooltimes
Mike,
Thanks for being a 914 friend over the years, from Rennlist days forward.
It will always be remembered as well as your generosity.
The future is always directed how you step over the past.
Mike Cooley
shoguneagle
The 914 community will sorely miss you, Dude. The best of everything to you and your family. If you do go the Locust route, you will find true enjoyment. The Lotus family will always welcome you even though it is not an original. Originality takes second nature to enjoyment of sports cars. You will truely get many rewards from building the Lotus type Seven. They will hold their own against bigger cars. Almost every and any type of power has been put in them i.e. from stock Lotus engines (1600 and 2000) to Ford fours and sixes, Toyota fours and sixes, Mazda 12A and 13B Rotory engines, etc.

Build has a lot of latitude and many people who will help you.

Will truely miss you and your involvement.

Starting source of Lotus is Dave Bean located in San Andreas, CA. Talk to Tom Smith who has an extensive background in Lotus, Ferarris', Porsche, etc. If you talk to him, tell him hi and I will be coming to California to have a Cup-of-Joe with him.

Sincerely
Steve Hurt
Rusty
Mike,

You've been an inspiration for many people for a long time. I hope that you continue to hang here just to BS and update us on your latest mind-boggling project. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
markb
All the best to you Mike. Thanks again for the ride in the 911, it was a cool "spin" on the AX course in Reno.
You will be missed around here.

Mark
jd74914
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 22 2007, 06:32 PM) *

Mike,

You've been an inspiration for many people for a long time. I hope that you continue to hang here just to BS and update us on your latest mind-boggling project. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

agree.gif I've never met you but your posts have always been a high point for me here. I always thouroughly enjoy anything you develop as well as enjoy reading about your latest innovations . . . if you inded do get to your Locust please share smile.gif

Best of luck
Joe Bob
Good luck Mike....
914forme
Mike see you latter, I am sure you will be back for another round some point in time. Need any thing or ever in Dayton, dorp me a line, I still owe you a few.
JPB
I've only been here for a year and was stunned. Hope the best for you mister and hope to hear from you from time to time. beer.gif
anthony
Take care Mike. Hope to see you at a BBQ or something soon.
neo914-6
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 22 2007, 02:23 PM) *

No real project lined up, I have been eyeing the Locost 7's

biggrin.gif

Trekkor
Mike, anytime you want to ride along at one of the trackdays I'm attending, you're welcome.

KT
r_towle
check you PM's

Rich
Trekkor
BTW, Mike, If you are getting a Miata, it's cool, you can tell us.
poke.gif

KT
Katmanken
Darn, hecky darn,

Mike, I wil miss your creative machining and innovative thinking. You were the only guy here who seems to have access to metalworking tools and isn't afraid to go out and just try something.

Wish you wern't going but wish you the best. If you are really making that little doorstop of a car, better run a coupla big 4 inch diameter chrome molly tubing arches that run front to rear. Paint the tubing yellow. biggrin.gif

That way when a SUV runs over you, the arches keep you safe.

Take care, and check in.

Ken
SGB
Why be exclusive? Embrace as many passions as you can!
Chris Pincetich
Keep us posted!
You'll always have a refuge for your 914 addiction here.
OHH, I might be calling again soon because I want to get the name of that diner in Antioch we ate at...Hammy's? I WILL finish one of their burgers! beerchug.gif
Joseph Mills
Mike,

Thanks for all the knowledge and inspiration you brought to the 914 club, and expecially to this newbie from a few years back.

This place won't be the same.

Best to ya in what ever comes next! beer.gif

Eric_Shea
Just caught this thread...

Mike's one of the best... we'll all miss you around here. I hope you hang out an and your $.03 every now and again sad.gif

All the best! smilie_pokal.gif
Ferg
Mike, I hope to see you again soon. Take care of your family, and keep in touch.

Ferg smile.gif
dgw
So long Mike.

If you really get into Loti, there is another crazy on this board.
McMark
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jan 22 2007, 07:45 PM) *

Keep us posted!
You'll always have a refuge for your 914 addiction here.
OHH, I might be calling again soon because I want to get the name of that diner in Antioch we ate at...Hammy's? I WILL finish one of their burgers! beerchug.gif

Hazel's. burger.gif

Mike, keep us posted on your projects. wink.gif
LvSteveH
Don't be a stranger Mike, stop by and say hi once in a while. Having a 914 is just an excuse for hanging around here, not a requirement beerchug.gif
914werke
grouphug.gif no worrys we'll still be here chair.gif
Take care o' the little ones.

Cheers Mike thumb3d.gif
Dave_Darling
Hasta la vista... Hopefully you (and family!) can show up to a couple'a events, even 914-less. Heck, everyone tolerated me when my car hadn't seen the road in four years! wink.gif

--DD
Andyrew
Mike, I considered doing the same, but I decided to stick with it another year and see what happens. Im kinda tired of it.

Give me a holler ifin you need something.

Life is more important than one car.

Good luck buddy.. email me if you have some cool idea's or whatnot.. I love reading your stuff!

Andrew
Gary
Mike,

You've left a cool legacy. I just placed an order at Shine for the bearing design you helped make popular.

Shoot me a pm if you get a chance about any progress you made on the motorcycle TB manifolds. I never got very far with mine.
Howard
Hey Mike. Call your agent to update your policy. biggrin.gif
mikerose
Dam Mike every time I drive by driving.gif you are not home confused24.gif I will try again this weekend.

and you want to drive the car av-943.gif av-943.gif
seanery
damn dude...I hope you still come around here. Gonna miss your smarts biggrin.gif
dinomium
Cheers, Mike...
spunone
Yo Mike hate to see ya go beer.gif but You know what I do so if ever you have another Brain storm and need something Hammered out please just holler and we'll getter done .take care of what you got and Have FUN piratenanner.gif
Gint
Mike, you're one of the people that I've met as a result of the 914 habit that I am proud to call a friend. Friends are always friends and don't need a common car model interest to remain friends.

Although you need to throw us a bone here on 914world.com occasionally. wink.gif
anthony
Mike, I wish I had got to see you complete that turbo type IV engine!
Sometimes I think you cheated yourself out of the best part of 914 ownership - actually driving the car. Maybe someday you'll reconsider and buy a nice well sorted car that you can drive and enjoy.
Scott Carlberg
Mike,
do you have a LIST of things that you want to Sell?

I'll repeat what the others have said,
THIS Community will miss you.
and
Expect you AND your family to show up at 914 events.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.