Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front bumper differences
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
I am in the market for a new front bumper for my '72 due to an unfortunate incident. I found one local from a 73 which has the tits on it. Mine did not have the tits. Can these be removed and still look ok?

Thanks,
BK
BigDBass
You will be left with holes in the bumper where the "tits" were attached.
You could have these welded up but that might look worse unless you got the bumper rechromed.

You could just leave the "tits" on.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
My personal opinion is that the cars look better with the bumper guards and they really protect the front end from damage compared to having no guards.

As an added note I do not think that the rear guards look as good as no guards. Just my opinion
jhadler
I pulleld mine off. Weight reduction was more of a concern than appearance. And with black bumpers (not chrome) it was pretty easy to make the holes dissapear.

All that said, I like the early look without the bumperettes.

-Josh2
Grelber
You can get chrome caps at your local hardware store that fit right in the holes, and look pretty nice. You can get them in the plumbing section.
JPB
agree.gif Thats a great idea mister. Me no likes das tits on bumpers. me no like das light grills either. beer.gif
BK911
Thanks guys, that helps.
Coy
I crashed my first 914 just a little and the bumber gaurd took the majority of the crunch. My 74 doesn't have them but I'd actually like to get a pair. Does anyone no if anyone makes a replacememnt for them?
STL914
I'm pulling the "tits" from my front bumper and will be installing a set of Hella 500 driving lights with a set of mounting brackets designed to fit the holes.
cantley914
Would be interested in buying your ¨tits¨ w00t.gif (Boy that sounds really good doesn't it ?) happy11.gif if you should decide not to keep them on and are in good shape.

Steph
John
I like the early look.

I know, I know, I need to wash the car......
highways
I hate to say this in a room full of guys... but I'd have to go with no tits.
STL914
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Jan 22 2007, 07:48 PM) *

Would be interested in buying your ¨tits¨ w00t.gif (Boy that sounds really good doesn't it ?) happy11.gif if you should decide not to keep them on and are in good shape.

Steph

They're in very good shape, and firm too. biggrin.gif

Send me a PM and we can discuss it off line. They and my car are at Shelby's place until about April.
PinetreePorsche
I bought a set of them--fronts only, on eBay. Sort of like the look on the front, andagree w/geo that they probably help a little in a whack. I'm OK w/the look--they bring out the linearity of the car. But I now think my front bumper is 'glass, not steel. What does George think about that--am I not just increasing a point load where it will break the glass bumper? (No, I haven't drilled for the mount job yet).
vertigo
I pulled the 'boobies' off my '73 and used black plugs for the holes. A polished carraige bolt might look good.
So.Cal.914
IMHO they ruined the lines of the car by installing the tits, but thats just me.
autohausdolby
Is it just me that laughed for 5 minutes solid at this thread? laugh.gif
STL914
QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Jan 24 2007, 08:37 PM) *

agree w/geo that they probably help a little in a whack.

On the other side of the coin, my 74 was backed into while parked at work several years ago. The fool hit the passenger side "tit", damaging it and at the same time denting the bumper where it was mounted. Had the "tit" not been there, chances are he might not have even hit the car.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(STL914 @ Jan 22 2007, 06:04 PM) *

I'm pulling the "tits" from my front bumper and will be installing a set of Hella 500 driving lights with a set of mounting brackets designed to fit the holes.

Did you make these brackets yourself? I really like that idea. I have a 73 that i pulled the front tits off of, and put in carriage bolts. Looks ok, but I'd really like to add another set of lights up there too. Please let me know.
N14
I like my 'tits' I was thinking about getting them pierced drunk.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(STL914 @ Jan 25 2007, 09:52 AM) *

On the other side of the coin, my 74 was backed into while parked at work several years ago. The fool hit the passenger side "tit", damaging it and at the same time denting the bumper where it was mounted. Had the "tit" not been there, chances are he might not have even hit the car.

The only part on my front bumper that's damaged is where the tit got hit by something and the tit dented the bumper sad.gif I think I'll do the chrome bolt trick on mine IF the dent can be pushed out and not look worse.
STL914
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jan 25 2007, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(STL914 @ Jan 22 2007, 06:04 PM) *

Did you make these brackets yourself? I really like that idea. I have a 73 that i pulled the front tits off of, and put in carriage bolts. Looks ok, but I'd really like to add another set of lights up there too. Please let me know.

Joe,

I had David Lee fab those for me from a sketch I sent him. He's now selling them on his web site: http://www.rennenmetal.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1620

I'm still waiting for my car to come home so I can istall the brackets and Hella 500's, but I'm certain that they'll work great and look better than the tits.
blitZ
I converted my 76 wubba bumpers back to the earlier style and retained the late model (A cup) tits. That way the bumper gets a little protection without looking all trampy.

KaptKaos
QUOTE(STL914 @ Jan 25 2007, 05:31 PM) *

Joe,

I had David Lee fab those for me from a sketch I sent him. He's now selling them on his web site: http://www.rennenmetal.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1620

I'm still waiting for my car to come home so I can istall the brackets and Hella 500's, but I'm certain that they'll work great and look better than the tits.

agree.gif

I think I needs to gets me a set a those!! thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.