Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 liter metallurgy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newto914s
I know that the original casts for the 2 liter cylinders are better than any new cylinders you can buy, Mahle, AA, aside from the LN Nikies of course. And if you got a set they are better to bore out to 96mm than buy new 96mm cylinders.
My question is are the cylinders from the 2 liter busses the same, and have the same benefits as the ones from the 2.0 914 motors? I know the pistons where different, I'm just concerned with the cylinders. I have a 79 bus core laying around here and I'm trying figure out if I part it, what I should keep from myself.
Thanks guys
SGB
beer3.gif

I got tired of looking for the popcorn smiley.
r_towle
QUOTE(newto914s @ Jan 22 2007, 08:03 PM) *

I know that the original casts for the 2 liter cylinders are better than any new cylinders you can buy, Mahle, AA, aside from the LN Nikies of course. And if you got a set they are better to bore out to 96mm than buy new 96mm cylinders.
My question is are the cylinders from the 2 liter busses the same, and have the same benefits as the ones from the 2.0 914 motors? I know the pistons where different, I'm just concerned with the cylinders. I have a 79 bus core laying around here and I'm trying figure out if I part it, what I should keep from myself.
Thanks guys

From what I have read, the only thing that is different between the two motors is the case, the pistons, and the heads.

So, the cylinders should be the same parts.

Rich
Twystd1
This is definetly popcorn smiley time.

I am gunna guess Jake will be right along in a day or so to tell us what he thinks. As he has posted his perception of this many times.

Me personally, I would buy a matched set of cylinders, pistons, rings, and wrist pins from one supplier. That makes THEM liable for the appropriate bore machining, honing, piston and ring fit.

I know that doesn't answer your question.

I would use 914 cylinders with KBs like most of the guys use.......

And buy em from Aircooled.net or Jake.

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.