Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comprehensive List of Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
orthobiz
I'm in the market for another 914 and I've lost track of all the various options for the various years. Seems like there were a bunch:

Rear window defroster
Tinted glass
Appearance group
Performance group
Chrome bumpers, etc. etc.

Some in combination, some a la carte.

Is there a comprehensive list of options?

Thanks,

biz

PS What does CW stand for (and why do I want to guess "concours weenie?"
914runnow
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 22 2007, 07:31 PM) *

I'm in the market for another 914 and I've lost track of all the various options for the various years. Seems like there were a bunch:

Rear window defroster
Tinted glass
Appearance group
Performance group
Chrome bumpers, etc. etc.

Some in combination, some a la carte.

Is there a comprehensive list of options?

Thanks,

biz

PS What does CW stand for (and why do I want to guess "concours weenie?"

Yes Your CW guess is correct..

DO NOT TAKE IT ALL AS GOSPEL..
But Brett Johnsons book is a great start.....
And if you know your year ..give a shout to us here..
Good luck in your quest...
We have them all the time here
in Colorado
on Craigs list.FYI...
Gustl
take a look at Jeff's wonderful Collectibles pages: 914 Porsche Optional Equipment (Factory-installed)

wavey.gif Gustl
orthobiz
Thanks Gustl

EXACTLY what I'm looking for!
That page is a now a bookmark...

biz
Pat Garvey
Jeff's list is, like everything he does, exceptional and informative - a "must keep" for all who wish to keep/refurbish a 914 to spec.

I'm amazed to this day how inexpensive it was to "spec" a color from the factory. As much as I love my bahia red car, I'd love to have spent the bucks for a one-off. Howver, at 4,295 for a full optioned '72 when I was making 10K a year was my absolute limit. Looking back, though, I would really have liked to have aubergine. But, the extra few hundred bucks and the wait were just too much for me. Also liked the gold color a lot (still do).
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 23 2007, 02:22 AM) *

take a look at Jeff's wonderful Collectibles pages: 914 Porsche Optional Equipment (Factory-installed)

wavey.gif Gustl

Thank You to the man from Tirol !!! What a great addition to have on our computer pages to ready reference on the click of a button.

idea.gif sayyy..........how about sneakin' over to the factory and doing some research now and then for us over here in the land of the flag.gif

Leading me to ask this:

When touring Weissach in 1991, we were told by the Porsche factory liason at the Nurburgring , that it was known to be attributed that approximately 200 - 914 's were left as registered "as on the Road". Any truth to that ? And how come there are so few.....all rusted away and unable to meet the stringent req.s to make them roadworthy ?
mrgreenjeans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.