Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Back Rest Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Ok, so I removed the seats, removed the four screws and the knob to the engine compartment. How do you loosen the washer type thing around the engine compartment release? I know once that is loose I pull "down" to unhook the pad but I can't figure the washer type thing out and don't want to ruin anything.

Help.

Thanks,
J.
John
It unscrews.

You should be able to see two holes in it for a spanner of some sort. It is a right hand thread, so turning it counterclockwise should loosen it.
Chris Pincetich
The pulling out and down is resited by the vertical seals on the door frame. It really helps to carefully remove the top half (or all) of these to give the pad more room to come out. Good luck beerchug.gif
jagalyn
So, you just unscrew the washer thing that has the two holes in it... turning it couter clockwise. Do most people just jig up some type of tool or is there a way to get it to spin without slipping of and ripping the pad?

Thanks,
J.
John
I don't have a pic, but I fabbed a cheapie tool with two pins that engage the holes in the plastic part. I can turn it 180 degrees at a time until it is loose enough to twist off by hand. The pins are about the same size as pop rivet shanks.
STL914
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Jan 22 2007, 08:06 PM) *

So, you just unscrew the washer thing that has the two holes in it... turning it couter clockwise. Do most people just jig up some type of tool or is there a way to get it to spin without slipping of and ripping the pad?

Thanks,
J.

I used an old set of straight snap ring pliers, worked great. You can find them at any Lowes or Sears.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.