Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy Bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Have you been contacted by srsvw? Jim Logan?
Did you get a tracking number?

Please also report here if/when you have received them.

Rich
bernbomb914
yes I did
neo914-6
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Jan 22 2007, 08:56 PM) *

yes I did

me too... smile.gif
Chris Pincetich
Me three.
In fact we squared away payment info and he promised a SRS sticker in my box. beerchug.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jan 22 2007, 10:55 PM) *

Me three.
In fact we squared away payment info and he promised a SRS sticker in my box. beerchug.gif

Didn't he mention a shirt too? This is a sweet deal!
nocones
Shoot!
I guess I should have held out for a sticker or a shirt too. cool_shades.gif

Yeah, talked to Jim yesterday and I'm all set.
Even had a dream about installing them last night.
want to be a GT1
yep, called me yesterday, now i get to see how long it is going to take to make it over the border!! dry.gif
Gint
Got a call from Jim yesterday morning and paid in full. He even left vm yesterday afternoon with a tracking number.
r_towle
Hi guys,

I am traveling this week, is everyone happy on this?

I just want to make sure all is good with the group buy..

any issues at all, let me know.

Rich
r_towle
icon_bump.gif
Keeping this in sight..

Please report in if you have them....

Rich
want to be a GT1
woke up this morring to find a box at the front door!! i got stickers and more stickers and a t shirt,, oh and some funny looking bearings and thing!!! and i would just like to say thanks agian for putting this to gether. biggrin.gif
now all that i need is for some little elfs to come over and put them in for me so i dont have to!! smash.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(want to be a GT1 @ Jan 26 2007, 10:30 AM) *

woke up this morring to find a box at the front door!! i got stickers and more stickers and a t shirt,, oh and some funny looking bearings and thing!!! and i would just like to say thanks agian for putting this to gether. biggrin.gif
now all that i need is for some little elfs to come over and put them in for me so i dont have to!! smash.gif

I think that Jim honored his word to everyone, including paying for shipping to Canada, no charge...which I think is a really huge gesture (100 bucks)

I got mine also...sweet box, stickers, shirt...cool

Rich
bernbomb914
I got mine
Gint
Big brown truck just rolled up. Gotta love a vendor that uses t-shirts for packing material. Thanks for putting this together Rich.
Chris Pincetich
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
neo914-6
mine finally showed up yesterday. beerchug.gif

anyone have a install pictorial thread or can create one?
Chris Pincetich
I am tentatively planning a jsharp.gif
Feb 10 or 11 or BOTH in El Cerrito
Sideshift conversion install help needed, and would love to tackle the rear needle bearing install then as well. The SRS directions are pretty good. I will take pics of course.
Hopefully the weather and my schedule cooperates to make this a reality. Also, Meuller mentioned a week or 2 ago he could give advice on install and possibly mod ideas to the SRS design. Visiting Mike's garage 3 weeks ago, he mentioned they are not too much trouble; the fronts are the more difficult to get perfect beerchug.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jan 31 2007, 01:16 PM) *

Sideshift conversion install help needed, and would love to tackle the rear needle bearing install then as well. The SRS directions are pretty good. I will take pics of course.
Hopefully the weather and my schedule cooperates to make this a reality.
beerchug.gif

Please make a pictoral..and please take good shots of the location of the zerk fittings should you choose to install those...I think that can be done right and very wrong...

Rich
neo914-6
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 31 2007, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jan 31 2007, 01:16 PM) *

Hopefully the weather and my schedule cooperates to make this a reality.
beerchug.gif

Please make a pictoral..and please take good shots of the location of the zerk fittings should you choose to install those...I think that can be done right and very wrong...

Rich

agree.gif not sure if I can make it but will try...

Mike has some installation tools too smile.gif

I think Rgruppe meets on the first Sat at EASY but maybe only in the summer...
brp914

Rich

Very wrong? Can you elaborate?
r_towle
dont drill into the bearing.
dont place it where you can never get a grease gun.
Dont drill it where it interferes with mounting the arm on the car.

On a bench it looks easy...you really need to look at it in the car to see that there is really only one good place on each end of each arm to put that fitting and have it be functional, and not in the way.

Rich
Speedster07
Thanks Rich for hooking me up with the last 2 sets, I just got them, although they came in while I was in Vail snow sking last week and this week. so there here now.
Now if I can just find a teener worthy of them, any dialed-in racers for sale out there?
Craig
Rough_Rider
Awesome, just got the blighters yesterday.....

I've a question on installation. Reading their instructions i'm unsure what they mean by loctiting the bearing in, maybe i'm being simple but aren't you supposed to grease a bearing??

1. Remove arms from car. Remove rubber bushings and cross shaft.
2. Press the cad plated tubes into the trailing arms, so that an equal amount protrudes on both ends.
(For the nervous this tube can be additionally held in place by drilling a small hole in the
trailing arm out near the end, and tack welding it.)
3. Grease the needle bearings with a high quality wheel bearing grease.
4. Using a generous amount of loctite, press a bearing into ONE end of the tube.
5. Slide the new axle shaft through the tube and bearing, so it comes out the other end.
6. Slide the second bearing over the axle shaft and into the tube, again using loctite to secure the bearing.
The shaft should now rotate freely in the bearings.
7. Install the trailing arm in the car, using the supplied hardened washers as a race for the thrust portion of
the bearing. The number of washers will vary from car to car, try to minimize the side to side play as much
as possible.
8. Use the supplied bolts with the factory washers to secure the shaft in the car.
9. Recheck the bolt torque, and side to side play after run in.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.