Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which issues of Hot VW’s covered Jake’s recent engine buildup?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mid_Engine_914
And what kind of motor did he build? I'd like to buy the back issues from Hot VWs...
craig downs
He built a 2270 torquer that made 170 hp and 180 torque on the dyno. He offered
it in kit form as long as the article ran in Hot VW from the June thru September issues.
I was one of the lucky ones to purchase this kit and will be assembling it in a couple
of weeks. I'm planning on doing a motor build thread so say tuned.
Mid_Engine_914
Thanks. thumb3d.gif
anthony
I didn't find the Hot VWs article that helpful. You'd get more out of watching Jake's video, listening to his radio show, and reading the tech articles on his web site.
Mid_Engine_914
Are the Hot VW articles just about assembling his kit or do they get into some of the detailed specs of the engine? I have his Type IV rebuild video from a few years ago.
Jake Raby
The story was as comprehensive as possible. I based the engine from one of my kits and the writer went through most all of the specs, including the specs of the cam.

Every aspect of the engine was covered from top to bottom including balance, assembly and dyno tuning.

What do you need to know???
Mid_Engine_914
Nothing really. I'm planning on going the water-cooled route but I still have some interest in aircooled motors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.