Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Staying Logged In
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveL
On the old site, once I logged in, I stayed logged in even when I left the page.
Now, I have to log in every time I go back to the site. Am I missing something?
When I log in, I do have the Remember Me box checked.

confused24.gif

Thanks
fitsbain
I believe that this uses cookies. IF they are being deleted, or not alowed to be created then it will not work, but Andy will know for certain.
Rusty
1. Clear your browser cache completely. Cookies and all.
2. If you are using IE, go into Tools > Internet Options > Privacy and make your security settings for cookies a bit more liberal.

If you're using other than IE... sorry... can't help ya. biggrin.gif
Grelber
I stay logged on here, but have the same "logging off" problem over at NARP. I've done the above, but still have problems thee (I know, it's their problem).
fitsbain
Using FF and am logged in to all 3 sites and have been since the newest 2 came into exhistance.
cooltimes
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 23 2007, 10:57 AM) *

1. Clear your browser cache completely. Cookies and all.
2. If you are using IE, go into Tools > Internet Options > Privacy and make your security settings for cookies a bit more liberal.

If you're using other than IE... sorry... can't help ya. biggrin.gif

If using Mozilla FireFox

Select Tools in Firefox menu.
Next select Options.
Next select privacy.
Now Select Cookies.

NOTE ***In the COOKIE drop down menu, Do NOT select "allow sites to set cookies" because that allows anyone on the planet to give you cookies.

Open exceptions.
Type in 914world.com
Select allow.
click ok.
that's it.

It works for me.
I only allow cookies from 914 sites.
McMark
This link will delete all of your 914World cookies. If you are having problems staying logged in, click it and then re-login to the site. It should set new cookies and solve your problem.
SteveL
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 23 2007, 11:32 AM) *

This link will delete all of your 914World cookies. If you are having problems staying logged in, click it and then re-login to the site. It should set new cookies and solve your problem.

We have a winner!! Thanks!
Turns out that I still had the site bookmarked (and homepage) as .info
Once the cookies were cleared, my homepage wouldn't work. Corrected the URL, and it works perfect now.

aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.