Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soo.. Now I need a shipper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
Tell me what you know about shippers. We need to send a roller to Georgia.
Joe Sharp
Team NARP
Aaron Cox
tow bar and a greyhound?
Part Pricer

They take your money and you never get any satisfaction.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it said "Stripper". biggrin.gif
McMark
MikeZ and 736conv used one to ship a car. AFAIK, it worked out great, but I don't know how much the shipping cost.
Aaron Cox
but they had a car that could drive onto the truck....
Eric_Shea
JOE! WooooHooooooooo...

Let me look into who I used for my E320 wagon. Initials like AMR??? wacko.gif
Eric_Shea
DAS... and they are all very much like the "Stripper" post above. I think most if not all require it move under it's own power. sad.gif
sww914
Aviod the ones in the ads called AAA or AAAA or Aplus or ABC or any of that crap to try to get their ad at the top of the list, they're all scammers. I saw a totalled brand new miata that disappeared for 5 months that was shipped by one of those jerks, they told the owner that they would only pay $3000.00.
I've heard that the ones that advertise in Excellence are good, but I haven't witnessed any positive experiences yet. I'm sure that there are good ones out there, but in a bodyshop you only see the bad ones.
SLITS
Able Auto Transport, Inc.

Q4144969

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Dear Ronald Meier,

We are contacting you one last time to let you know that we are sincerely interested in earning your business. Able Auto Transport, Inc., is a customer driven company. We strive to provide the best service possible for our customers. If we can help you in any way, we would appreciate the opportunity to see if we can meet your needs. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-340-0951. Thank you for allowing us to provide a quote for you. Our company will not contact you again, unless you decide to use our company for the move of your vehicle.

Below is a brief recount of your quote.

Vehicle(s): Prices given are for running vehicles unless otherwise noted as INOP (inoperable)

1970 Porsche 914 (INOP) Open Carrier

Deposit: $140 Total Cost: $910

Shipping Information:

Origin: RIVERSIDE, CA 92501
Destination: NASHVILLE, TN 37201

Ronald Meier, if you are interested in proceeding in the order process with our company, please call us toll free at 800-340-0951. To place your order online, please visit our order page at http://www.ableautotransport.com/order.htm.

Again, this will be the last time you will be contacted by Able Auto Transport, Inc.

Cordially,

Phone: 800-340-0951
Fax: 800-774-7711

Email: support@ableautotransport.com

Web Site URL: http://www.ableautotransport.com

Office Hours: OPEN 24 HOURS – EVERYDAY!

“We’re serious about your business…

…and open long hours for your convenience”

Aaron Cox
+ inop fees....
JoeSharp
Thanks Ron. The first quote is $985.
grasshopper
SLITS
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 23 2007, 04:10 PM) *

+ inop fees....

Perhaps the college boy / enginnering student should learn to read. poke.gif

And I quote, "1970 Porsche 914(INOP) Open Carrier
Lou W
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 23 2007, 05:39 PM) *

Q4144969

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Dear Ronald Meier,

We are contacting you one last time to let you know that we are sincerely interested in earning your business. Able Auto Transport, Inc., is a customer driven company. We strive to provide the best service possible for our customers. If we can help you in any way, we would appreciate the opportunity to see if we can meet your needs. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-340-0951. Thank you for allowing us to provide a quote for you. Our company will not contact you again, unless you decide to use our company for the move of your vehicle.

Below is a brief recount of your quote.

Vehicle(s): Prices given are for running vehicles unless otherwise noted as INOP (inoperable)

1970 Porsche 914 (INOP) Open Carrier

Deposit: $140 Total Cost: $910

Shipping Information:

Origin: RIVERSIDE, CA 92501
Destination: NASHVILLE, TN 37201

Ronald Meier, if you are interested in proceeding in the order process with our company, please call us toll free at 800-340-0951. To place your order online, please visit our order page at http://www.ableautotransport.com/order.htm.

Again, this will be the last time you will be contacted by Able Auto Transport, Inc.

Cordially,

Phone: 800-340-0951
Fax: 800-774-7711

Email: support@ableautotransport.com

Web Site URL: http://www.ableautotransport.com

Office Hours: OPEN 24 HOURS – EVERYDAY!

“We’re serious about your business…

…and open long hours for your convenience”

Another Nigerian check scam, those bastards! mad.gif
SLITS
Yeah, I made an extra $10K so I could afford my '74 2L thumb3d.gif
warrenoliver
Joe,

I am still looking for transport from California to Wisconsin. One I found that seems worth a look is enclosedvehicletransport.com they are pretty spendy, but I would imagine they do a darn nice job.

Warrenoliver
boxstr
Why would you even consider an enclosed carrirer for a roller?? It is probably going to be $1200-1800.
CL
Eric_Shea
How roller is the roller? Why couldn't we do a tow bar cross country thing? Aaron has the tow bar thing he'll let us use biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 23 2007, 07:06 PM) *

How roller is the roller? Why couldn't we do a tow bar cross country thing? Aaron has the tow bar thing he'll let us use biggrin.gif

On the 666 chassis ... a couple of tires, pull the half shafts less the stub axles, add tail lights and you would be good to go ....... but then there would be the license required to roll it on the road. For CA, you can transport one way for $10 without current registration (also known as a one trip permit). I don't know about the remainder of the states along the way.
PinetreePorsche
If you've got a SUV, truck or something else big and strong, u-Haul will sell you a ball mount, and rent the flat-open trailers--one or two axle (single costs less). That's if you just can't wait to get back on the road again. Of course, you've got to drive your pulling vehicle home. Maybe someone at the destination wants a load delivered the other way!
IanStott
I have a friend in New Jersey that does that sort of thing, you can contact him at Mr880Phil@aol.com

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Matt Romanowski
For a real lite roller, I would try someone like American Backhaulers. You may find a guy that is going east and needs a something. As long as there is a way to get it loaded on an open flatbed, those guys have a lot of trouble finding loads.
736conver
Have you tried uship.com yet.

You post your item too be ship and people start sending quotes in.

And I dont remember the shipper me and MikeZ used but maybe he remembers.
michaelt55
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 24 2007, 10:42 AM) *

Have you tried uship.com yet.

You post your item too be ship and people start sending quotes in.

And I dont remember the shipper me and MikeZ used but maybe he remembers.

Uship is great, I used Doc Bob, he was awesome and reasonable...

Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.