Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adj Rear Coil Over Kit for 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
Who is the person or vender who had a very nice adj coil over kit?

I need one for my flared 914-6 GT clone with 9X16s, and am running 22 bars up front and a Tarrett sway bar and Bilsteins all the way around. So what would be the best set up & spring rate??

TIA
Aaron Cox
colemanracing.com
ground control

both make kits... coleman is cheaper... nascar people. i have pics in my blog
TravisNeff
225 to 250 rear springs
Aaron Cox
agree.gif

i have 22 tbars, tarett bar, konie reds (fr) biltstien sports (rear), stock rear bar, coleman coilover sleeves, AFCO 225lbx8"x2.5"ID springs......
herman maire
Aaron Cox, how stiff is the ride?

Also would there kit work with Koni adj rear ? I love bilstien but I like the adjustability of the koni's. How much $$ was the total?

Thanks
Aaron Cox
ride isnt that bad... its a street car, and can be rough on crappy roads.. but handles like a dream on smooth roads. not bad at all.

coleman racing makes kits to fit certain OD shocks. 2.08" comes to mind... and they do make an adapter ring to take up slack if it exists...

measure the OD of the shock body between the circlip lands.....
PRS914-6
Koni's with Ground Control. Eibach springs
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
racerbvd
Thanks for the info guys clap56.gif

But I was sure one of the members buit & sold these kits.
Andyrew
Nope... Buy the cheapo coleman kit... it rocks.

I would go 250.. HECK buy both!! springs are cheap.. and take 10 mins to swap out
John
If you didn't want to shop for individual components, Call Rich at HighPerformance House. You can get the Coleman's cheaper, but you must know what you are ordering. The parts from Rich Bontempi (HPH) come from ground control if I'm not mistaken.
Van914
Racerbvd,
You can also get these from Jason at Paragon Products. He stocks them and has many springs to go with them.
Good luck,
van914
wbergtho
Thought I'd chime in on this discussion. I just recieved my Bilstein coilover kits today from Summit Racing. They are designed by Bilstein to fit the 2.0" diameter shock body and come with a threaded sleeve, and a pair of upper and lower spring perches. They look to be very high quality pieces...made from aluminum and anodized black. 1 kit supplies one shock. Total price for two kits shipped was $130.75 ($59.95 per kit and a one time handling fee...no shipping...of $10.95)

Summit Racing part number BSN-193117 $59.95 per kit
1 (800) 230 3030

I'll report back in the spring to let you know how I like them. I expect that they will work great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.