Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought another mid-engine car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
A friend of my sisters pass a year ago and left a Fiat X19 behind. The car is in pristine shape. I did try to market the car for them, just so they could see it go to a good family. They didn't work to hard in terms of making the care available and have no Internet access at all!!! Well I decided it was just too clean to pass up. I paid $1,000 bucks for it. They would have given it to me but I just couldn't do something like that. I think as it sits its worth twice what I paid for it. If it were a 914 it would be worth over $ 10,000. Now what should I put in this??????

Fiat pictures
richardmosselman
That thing looks to be in great shape! Almost bought a new one in '77-bought a new Spitfire instead. Good luck!
Cheers, Richard
Rusty
Wow.. someone loved that car.

Now what should I put in this??????

You need to put yourself in the car and drive it. smile.gif
Porsche Rescue
That car is too nice and original to modify. Let me know if you want to sell.
Aaron Cox
turbo it smile.gif
John
While the car looks clean, I would not say a 914 in that condition would bring $10,000.

It is a respray. They did a fair job, but in the front trunk, they just painted the wiring, in the engine comp, they painted the strut tops, and in the rear trunk, they painted that black pad.

Don't get me wrong, the car looks fine. It is a driver. Get in, drive and enjoy. Hopefully it runs as well as it looks. I wouldn't do a thing to it other than drive it.

I don't know what engine swaps can easily be done on it, but an old man I met once told me you can put anything in anything (and I still believe him).

Good score for $1k
smilie_pokal.gif
drive-ability
Its just a fun car to tool around in, I think my 914 using only 1/4 throttle would blows its doors off, they are gutless little things. av-943.gif I had one a 75 long ago and it had to work hard to reach 80 mph, however its ride quality was better than the 914. It's great going down hill driving.gif
nocones
1000+cc motorcycle engine would fit real nice and keep the weight low. idea.gif

Andyrew
they.. ehem..

make v8 kits for them...

muhahaha!

(but I agree with aaron... turbo is the way to go.
Twystd1
PBS stroker engine OR a Lancia twin cam bolts right in.

Cept you have to make other changes to complete the Lancia swap.

PBS was known as the cats meow of X1-9 engines during there heyday in SCCA.

Apparently. They are still around in the big OC.

Ya might wanna check out the X1-9 forums and see whasss up.

And they do turbo pretty well...

I can put you in touch with a guy that has both a turbo AND a blown X1-9

C
jd74914
Electric . . . my high school had an electric (and highly modified) x-1/9 with a fiberglass body.

IPB Image
drive-ability
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Jan 23 2007, 09:06 PM) *

PBS stroker engine OR a lancia twin cam bolts right in.

C

If I were to venture down that road I would have to stick with a G.M. engine. Maybe a 3.8 supercharged V6 out of a front driver, and this time an auto trans. I would go with a 95 to stay within the OBD1 fuel and emission concept. I had that engine in a 95 Buick Rivera at 3600 lbs it ran good. I would have to sell off the 914 and that would be hard to do. The 914 is my daily driver, its just a blast mowing through traffic. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.