Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Alive!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikey
I fired up the 6er for the first time this afternoon! After 5+ years of working on this thing it's finally running - and no major engine parts fell out onto the floor. Oil pressure came right up and the generator light immediately went out. It sputtered to life after twisting the distributor clockwise a bit.

It won't idle below about 1200 RPM yet and I have a minor oil leak I have to figure out. It's probably the oil line near the right cam cover.

I took video clip of the engine running and will post it if I can figure out how.

All in all it was a very satisfying day in the garage.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
TonyAKAVW
Congrats!!! Firing up an engine the first time is one of those satisfying moments in life.

-Tony
McMark
Mike, I was just thinking of emailing you to see how things were going. Glad to hear the good news.

Send the video clip to me: IPB Image
mikey
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 23 2007, 07:54 PM) *

Mike, I was just thinking of emailing you to see how things were going. Glad to hear the good news.

Send the video clip to me: IPB Image

I'll do that Mark. I have a bunch of restoration pics to add to my blog too.
Borderline
Congratulations!!! rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif did you get all the accelerator pumps squirting?
Sorry i couldn't stay for the big event! Your car looks fantastic and with that 6 you're gonna love driving it. 5 years? I'm definately not that patient. congratulations see you at the WCC?
mikey
QUOTE(Borderline @ Jan 23 2007, 09:02 PM) *

Congratulations!!! rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif did you get all the accelerator pumps squirting?
Sorry i couldn't stay for the big event! Your car looks fantastic and with that 6 you're gonna love driving it. 5 years? I'm definately not that patient. congratulations see you at the WCC?

We started the engine about 20 minutes after you left. I got all 6 accellerator pumps cleared with brake cleaner.

Definitely will try to drive it to the WCC!
mikey
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jan 23 2007, 07:46 PM) *

Congrats!!! Firing up an engine the first time is one of those satisfying moments in life.

-Tony

Thanks Tony!

I'm going to be in Redondo next month. Is Vasek Polak still there?
Scott-thundercat
i know that feeling! although after only 3 months- and not with a 6 either... but damn does it feel rewarding! makes it all worth it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.