Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16" boxter rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Griffter
headbang.gif anyone runnin 16"x6"50mm offset fronts 16x7"42mm offset rear w/1" spacer 225/50 rear 205/55 fr boxter 5 spoke? And what is the maximum offset you can run w/ 16's without problems?
McMark
I think that for a street car, you can run any size spacer you need to and be fine. Most people say that large spacers will wear your wheel bearings out faster, but I haven't seen anyone back that up in the last 3 years on this site.
jim912928
I run the 5 spoke 16X7" rims on all four corners with 205's and no spacers anywhere. Backs fit perfect with no modifications to the rear fenders (pics in my blog). I tried 225's on the rear and they rubbed the inner fender well (only slightly). I didn't want to stretch the fenders.
JoeSharp
Linda runs the boxter snowflakes on her 72. It has 1" spacers on the front and a 7mm spacer on the passenger rear. The drivers side could not take it and she has 205 50 all around.
Click to view attachment
nocones
Good god man!
Niiice.
Porsche Rescue
6's on all 4 with 205/55's (or maybe 50's, can't remember for sure). Rear is perfect (as Jim says 7's will probably go but it will vary with the car). Fronts are about 10mm farther in than stock but do not rub. I did not see a need for spacers but they could be brought out 10mm for aesthetics. You would not want a spacer on the rear with 7's as you would rub on fender, same with 6's. Outside clearance is the issue in the rear.
JoeSharp
QUOTE(nocones @ Jan 24 2007, 07:10 AM) *

Good god man!
Niiice.

Michael: You were supposed to be looking at the wheels. Lets stay on topic please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.