Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Rusty, What does this mean?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I saw it in your signature.

Dave
Joe Bob
It's a German thing that he and Andy cooked up describing ....I think...the LE. Think of it as one of his pics...fuzzy and inconceivable....
SirAndy
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jan 24 2007, 05:41 AM) *

What does this mean?, 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 Jubiläumsmodell (Hummel)

in germany the LE's were sometimes called "Jubiläumsmodell", meaning "Celebration Model" because the LE was supposed to be a celebration of porsche's involvement in the "Can Am" series.

and "Hummel" is the german word for "Bumble Bee" ...

bye1.gif Andy
Twystd1
Did you just make that up...???????????

Like Howard does...?????????

C
McMark
What was the german model that came with a plaque on the dash?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Jan 24 2007, 09:53 AM) *

Did you just make that up...???????????

http://members.rennlist.com/914_canam/914GT.htm

thumb3d.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 24 2007, 06:29 PM) *

in germany the LE's were sometimes called "Jubiläumsmodell", meaning "Celebration Model" because the LE was supposed to be a celebration of porsche's involvement in the "Can Am" series.

they called it Jubiläumsmodell to celebrate the 100,000 sold (or built ??) cars

the CanAm idea was rejected with the end of Porsche's racing activities in the CanAm series

just take a look at Jeff's page - you already posted the link smile.gif

The focus of the 914 GT was not on the Can Am asociation of the car, but on the production success of 100,000 914 vehicles manufactured.

wavey.gif Gustl
Bleyseng
this car....
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 24 2007, 10:42 AM) *

they called it Jubiläumsmodell to celebrate the 100,000 sold (or built ??) cars

the CanAm idea was rejected with the end of Porsche's racing activities in the CanAm series

correct, but the truth is, the "100,000 sold" thing was very much a (marketing)afterthought.
the LE's were already in planning/production when porsche's involvement in the CanAm went belly up and they had to come up with something new to promote the LE cars. that's when they came up with the "Jubiläumsmodell".

either way, i still want to do a widebody GT style bumblebee ...
biggrin.gif Andy

like this:
IPB Image

or this:
IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 24 2007, 08:20 PM) *

this car....

I have the poster and the post card with this motiv mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.