Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Taildragger resources needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
Wife and I just bought a 68 911 soft window targa and a 67 912 with a 2.2 six in it. Since 914world is the ULTIMATE resource for 914's aktion035.gif (and many members here also have taildraggers) I was wondering if there is a similar early 911 web board? Looking for lotsa parts, information, tips, etc.

Thanks!
Rob
Cap'n Krusty
Ask away. I have been working on these professionally since 1973, have owned a bunch of 912s, and currently own a 65 911. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
A ) There's no such thing as a 905 tranny. hide.gif
B ) You have the coolest car on the planet (the softy)

Regarding your 911 board question... "nothing" like this (obviously) but Pelican is the place for 911 stuff. The early911sregistry.org boards are cool but very limited in traffic. That seems to be the R Gruppe gang mostly. You can probably find a lot of your parts here wink.gif
Joe Bob
Nobody WE know.....
KaptKaos
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Obligatory. Congrats on the new cars, especially the soft window.
jim912928
i've got a taildragger....good discussions forums for the 911 at pelican and rennlist. Both have pretty equal participation on the techie side.
racerbvd
I too have a few draggers, biggrin.gif wish I would have know, we could have made a trade on that burb driving.gif
woobn8r
I also have a '68S coupe project....have had a 69 S coupe (RS replica), a '72 S Targa and a '72 T coupe (converted to S+ specs)....

There are a few around here that "feel the love"...so let fly with the Q's...

Cheers,

Sean
Phoenix-MN
agree.gif Ditto

I have a '70 RS-ish clone that I have owned for more than 20 years. So as said - ask away

rocking nana.gif
70Sixter
Rennlist and Pelican already mentioned. Renntech has some: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?

And PCA website is also good and has various registers and special interest groups. I watch for parts for my -6 and tech advice for early 911s.
ArtechnikA
<http://www.early911sregistry.org/>
CHAFF
Sorry to hijack this thread, but anyone have any experience flat towing a 911?...good or bad idea?

-L
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(CHAFF @ Jan 25 2007, 07:34 PM) *

...anyone have any experience flat towing a 911?...good or bad idea?

yes. yes.

depends on your goals, requirements, limitations, etc.

I've done it with a tow dolly behind a 27' truck.
There's no reason it can't work, except suspension issues. Backing up is a thing to avoid.
914rrr
Thanks for all the replies. Sorry for the delay in responding as the wife and I did two non-stop trips to Florida this week to fetch the taildraggers. Got home last night at 12:30 AM with the 912.

Both cars were far better than expected. Pics hopefully will be posted this afternoon.

First question. The 2.2 six in the 912 hasn't been started in 4 years. What should be done before attempting to start it?
jd74914
Some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders and let it sit a bit, then change the oil in the car in general. Then crank it up for oil pressure before you actually start it. You might want to drain the tank and put some fresh gas in it too (along with changing the filter) . . . you relly don't want to run your new /6 on varnish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.