Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT THE FUCH - my Fuchs were ALMOST Stolen!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
I've been sick since Fri nite and have pretty much NOT gone outside, except to go out front to get the paper & the mail.

Tuesday morning, the girl that lives in front of me calls to ask IF I would Please go out to the front yard and pick-up my dogs POOP! Which I do-do, er, did! lol

I walk the crap out to the back alley and as I step back onto the driveway I see this when I look at the front wheel:
IPB Image

Behind AND Underneath the front wheel is this:
IPB Image

I look back at the Rear wheel and see this:
IPB Image

WAY underneath the car and behind the rear wheel is this, of course!
IPB Image

My first thought (ok, remember I've been SICK!) is WHY on earth would someone want MY Lug Bolts? I mean how stupid do you have to be??

After seeing the Lug Bolts behind the rear wheel, I realize what these FuckSticks were after were MY Wheels!

I had been parking my 914 up against the wall, where you see the door and the light in this picture:
IPB Image

But thinking these BASTARDS might come back, I moved my 914 up against the fence and then moved my Jetta next to it, to Guard the 14 if you will! biggrin.gif
It was close,
IPB Image but I thought it had to be done.

I think this person came back and when they saw they couldn't get to my 914, they Dented the door on the drivers side of my Jetta,
IPB Image

I'll readily admit I have very little self-confidence/self-respect, but even I wouldn't want SOMEONE ELSE's property on my vehicle, w/o paying for it of course.

I've now moved my 914 into a backyard of a friends house in another city. I'm hoping these CRIMINALS will either STOP Damaging MY property, or Grow some Balls and KNOCK the next time they come around so I can come out and meet ar15.gif them fighting19.gif .
ClayPerrine
Now you know why I have locking lug bolts on Betty's wheels, and locking nuts on mine.

I had this happen to me before. Someone ruined one of the lock lug bolts on my Fuchs. This was before I went to 5 lug.

Scott Carlberg
I forgot to add this, re: the "Riddle Me This" in the subject line....

I was going to ask, WHY would someone Need to park their 2 cars THIS close?

thanks for the reply Clay, I'm not sure I knew that Locking Lug Bolts were even available. Hmmmm
rick 918-S
I don't know who you should thank first, your dog or your neighbor... blink.gif biggrin.gif F'en thiefs! ar15.gif
Eric_Shea
They got your valance... huh.gif
Andyrew
I dont think it was thiefs...

Was the bolt on each slightly loose?I think it was a prank (Almost costly) by some teens, or your enemies.

If they were really going to steal something, they would have stolen the wheels from the vw. THOSE look like money.

Seriously.. check the rest of the car... Check for vandalism.
Spoke
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 24 2007, 11:44 PM) *

I dont think it was thiefs...

Was the bolt on each slightly loose?I think it was a prank (Almost costly) by some teens, or your enemies.

agree.gif

Taking the time to remove 3 lugs on 2 wheels, then throw the lugs under the car as to not be seen. If they wanted wheels, one wheel should be gone, then work the next, ... But then again, thieves aren't known to be the smartest folks around.

If you want to do some surveillance at night and there's a nearby window, get a video camera and connect it to a VCR with a 6 hour tape. Put the cam on RECORD w/o a tape, send the cam feed to the VCR and record 6 hours of hopefully nothing.

Spoke
autohausdolby
That sucks!
herman maire
set a camera up or a motion sensor that can signal you in the house and get ready for some midnight baseball practice, seriously that dude needs to be BEAT chair.gif

DO IT
mills914/s
I think that you have some people that don't like you or are jelous or something,If they wanted the rims the would have taken them. I think they wanted your wheels to fall of upon driving...Im thinking a mad FEMALE cause most real men know not to mess with a mans Car.
StratPlayer
I was fortunate enough to catch a thief once, he was trying to steal the holley 4 brl. off my brand new SS396 375 HP (1967). Car was only 3 weeks old. I didn't use a baseball bat, I used a 2x4 I found along side the bar I was at. If that f***er is still alive today, he still can't chew a steak.
Hammy
I agree with Andrew.... Looks like someone was pulling a really sick prank or trying to fuch your stuff up. Either that or some really stupid thieves (Modesto has its fair share)
Good thing you saw it though. That could've been bad.
SirAndy
there's been a lot of that going on around here lately. stealing wheels that is. they're not looking for resale value, they're selling them in bulk as scrap metal ...

wink.gif Andy
Grelber
Around here, the state law is written that you can use "deadly force" (ie: Shoot 'em) to protect your property. That has been expanded to include your car and other stuff.

Also, with this being a concealed carry permit state, there have been several people shot trying to steal.
herman maire
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jan 25 2007, 09:02 AM) *

I was fortunate enough to catch a thief once, he was trying to steal the holley 4 brl. off my brand new SS396 375 HP (1967). Car was only 3 weeks old. I didn't use a baseball bat, I used a 2x4 I found along side the bar I was at. If that f***er is still alive today, he still can't chew a steak.

biggrin.gif now thats awsome... So how many whacks did it take heh,heh? I bet that fool never messed with another dudes property. Do you still have your SS? Those cars cost a small fortune today
herman maire
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jan 25 2007, 10:32 AM) *

Around here, the state law is written that you can use "deadly force" (ie: Shoot 'em) to protect your property. That has been expanded to include your car and other stuff.

Also, with this being a concealed carry permit state, there have been several people shot trying to steal.

Now thats music to my ears.. I hope it stays that way too. Everything seems to be going to he11 lately, too many laws and regulations.

I dont know if you guys heard about this but Donald Trump is getting fined for flying the AMERICAN flag in florida at one of his private residence. Last I heard the fine is up to $25,000.00 . What the F&^% is going on .
dagdal1967

I love livin in Texas! ar15.gif gunner.gif fighting19.gif

Although I don't own a gun, I do have a very sharp Gim (Chinese sword) available at all times. ninja.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ Jan 25 2007, 05:53 PM) *

I love livin in Texas! ar15.gif gunner.gif fighting19.gif

Although I don't own a gun, I do have a very sharp Gim (Chinese sword) available at all times. ninja.gif

I have a few firearms and a few swords....

I think the swords scare them more than the guns. They have a tendency to fear getting their limbs cut off..... happy11.gif
Scott Carlberg
I forgot to mention that the Rear wheel was about 1/2" away from the hub, so I do think they were there to Steal the wheels.
I think they got Spooked by something or someone and took off before completing the job. Not only does Modesto have a lot of car thefts, but I'm also 2 blocks away from the Junior College, where I'm told my school security, 2 15yr olds were ARRESTED the other nite TRYING to steal cars.

set a camera up or a motion sensor that can signal you in the house and get ready for some midnight baseball practice

that has been suggested to me before, I guess it's time to look into something like that again. Normally around $100 from Radio Shack, our friends (lol) at Harbour Freight just had a set-up for $70 a couple of weeks ago.

a Baseball Bat? Right inside the front door! Batter up thumb3d.gif
Ferg
I agree, I think that they were "going" to steal them. I think they were not prepared (no jack, cinder blocks ect) so they removed the three lugs to save time when they came back to finish the job.

Glad they are still on the car!

Ferg.
John
Those bastards! They dented the hell out of your centercaps.

You should turn that in on your insurance.

Damn Vandals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.