Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Local clubbers, need help pullin a windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Yeah, can't do it myself... and I'd prefer not to have it disassemble itself all over the front of my car.

I know I'll need some guitar string, but the part I'd need the most help with is getting not only the windshield out, but the top dash section. I would like to recover the dash top while the windshield is out and have yet to remove one before.

If any local SoCal teeners can lend a hand... I'd like to do it either this Friday/Saturday or next Friday/Saturday. We'd be pulling my old windshield and redoing the dash top and the glass co. will clean up the butyl and install the new windshield. smile.gif

I can offer food and beer.

Thanks!

~B
jim_hoyland
Brando,

If you want 914-glass window-pro to do the install, Rufino is the guy. His number is 714-292-5811 He's done mine several times and some other club members locally. He comes to you site/garage.He knows all the tricks and can do a near-perfect trim job too.
You might want to see what he charges.

Jim
McMark
This is the tool that you need. Ain't nothin' better for removing windshields.

IPB Image
John
THAT is a killer looking tool. Where did you find it?
a914luvr
I can probably help next weekend, not this one though. I've done the windshield pull/dash restore more times than I care to recollect. I'd like to get one of those tools shown above. Anyone know who has them & how much?
McMark
I KNOW Snap-On has them for $35 online (that's where I stole the picture). I KNOW my local paint shop sells them. A good home-town hardware store might have them.
a914luvr
right after submitting my post, it occured to me to try evilbay. Sure enough, a search netted several choices; $15 - $20 shipped will get me one.
Cevan
Or you could use my method where 90% of the windshield had separated from the seal. w00t.gif
Brando
Glenn, I'll call ya this week to see what time we can confirm... I've yet to pull a dash so I don't know how long it will take. I have the covering material I want to use (neoprene, swimsuit material) and adhesive, I just don't know how to pull the dash top out. I also am going to run without one of those dash-windshield seals... maybe I'll put a plastic strip down or something. Once we've got it pulled the glass co can come out and install the windshield and use a a rubber seal on the outside.
Eric_Shea
Glenn, pull one for me while you're at it wink.gif
a914luvr
The windshield in 666 is for you Eric, how I'll ever get it to you I don't know confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.