Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool 914/6's from my past
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Have been digging thru some old PCA crap recently and, since I moved from the midwest a number of years ago, am wondering what's become of some of the significant 9146's of my early Porsche life.

Chuck Stoddard's black 914/6, with the gently "pooched" fenders - named Gronk!

Earle Rowe's near equally equipped dark green 914/6 (Earl was a long time accountant for PCA).

Harry Gompf's(Indiana) yellow "bad boy" 914/6. Last time I heard, he was going to try to stuff a 928 motor into it. Always FTD at autocrosses.

Les Checel (Adriatic Blue, as I recall). Bone stock, driven every day. Les was always at every event.

David Parks (Tangerine) - I believe his car went Canada a bunch of years ago.

Anyone know the wherabouts of these cars today?
Eric_Shea
Chucks car was for sale in the Detroit area last summer.
Van914
Pat,
Les is still active in the IRAC Series. He has a tangerine six now with some slight mods to the motor ( S Pistons). I see him a a few events I attend each year.
van914
autohausdolby
I dunno about any of those, but one of Eric's old cars was for sale here in the UK before Christmas. IIRC it was a yellow '6. I'll see if I can find the advert again.
autohausdolby
There we go smile.gif

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C06563?pt=pf

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
sad.gif
autohausdolby
They say nice things about you in the advert though smile.gif It's always nice to be acknowledged smile.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
For those who might think they might, maybe, perhaps know....

this was Harry Gompf's car....

and David Park's car looked like this tangerine /6....

burton73
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 25 2007, 06:16 AM) *

sad.gif

That is $65,000 in USD a very nice car. It is only money!!!
Eric Taylor
sorry to see that eric. That car's been making its rounds to a lot of garages. Such a pretty girl to be treated that way.
Eric
Ferg
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jan 25 2007, 03:52 PM) *

For those who might think they might, maybe, perhaps know....

this was Harry Gompf's car....

and David Park's car looked like this tangerine /6....

I know that Aspen gas station, it's still there and looks the same.

Ferg
Van914
Pat,
Do you remember this car from Louisville? I bought it and had it a few years and sold it during my divorce. Still breaks my heart I did not keep it! sad.gif Click to view attachment

rwjames
I am from Louisville and not sure I knew about the orange six. Do you remember who you purchased it from? Was it a guy named Mark?
Van914
Yes, it was Mark's Car. Had a 2.2 with solex cams and webers. Really ran great!
van914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.