Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Great Racing Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nebreitling
I enjoy watching F1, but todays races look nothing like this battle between Arnoux and Gilles Villeneuve....

1979 Frech Grand Prix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeWUjAff4k

URY914
I remember watching that race LIVE. sad.gif
nebreitling
i was 45 days old at the time.
Randal
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jan 24 2007, 07:51 PM) *

i was 45 days old at the time.

Thanks Nathan, we really wanted to know that.
drgchapman
That's what I call WFO driving.gif

What a blast!
Aaron Cox
that was ballzy! very cool to watch.....
Randal
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jan 24 2007, 07:29 PM) *

I enjoy watching F1, but todays races look nothing like this battle between Arnoux and Gilles Villeneuve....

1979 Frech Grand Prix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeWUjAff4k

The amazing thing is that they never hit wheels hard enough to cause a Prang.

Also those - two cars wide in tight corner exercises were hard to believe. You'd think they would have been in the marbles.

Great driving

SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 25 2007, 02:42 PM) *

Great driving

agree.gif
Van914
This was one of the best F1 duels of all time. Like URY914 I remember watching it as it happened.
van914
URY914
QUOTE(Van914 @ Jan 26 2007, 03:23 AM) *

This was one of the best F1 duels of all time. Like URY914 I remember watching it as it happened.
van914

Several years ago (10+) I was talking to a friend about this race and told him I would love to have it on video as it was one if not the best races ever. He had seen it too. We both agreed that it was a lost treasure. Now it's back. Thank you Al Gore. clap56.gif
degreeoff
it is UNREAL how fast those cars are....
Racing916
Awesome thanks for sharing. I was -1 years old. I bet my dad watched it though!
grantsfo
If you do a You Tube search on F1 its amazing what one can find! Great vintage race footage from 50's to present day racing. Some of the 60's era stuff is just too cool. My driving hero Fangio is even there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.