Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOL... someone doesn't know what they sell..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Porsche 914 Parts Link.

laugh.gif chairfall.gif av-943.gif
rick 918-S
agree.gif WTF.gif laugh.gif
Rand
LMAO... I just got through playing with the chat thing on that page. It's pretty lame... They make it act like a real mechanic is chatting with you. But you can say whatever you want and get programmed responses.

For example, here's the last part of my session:

Chuck : Your price is coming. Looks like that '75 is a really complicated fit. I'll just quote you the most likely 1 of the 3 possible parts -- Or you're welcome to talk to one of our Porsche techs to be 100% sure. What's your zip code and how soon would you need it?

Rand : 12314 and yesterday

Chuck : There are a couple of different radiators, ranging in price between $74.00 and $274.00. We can get you wholesale rates on labor, assuming you went with our installation centers. That's about 1/3 what you'd pay at the dealer. Would you like me to get you an exact labor quote?

Rand : Can I get fries with that?

Chuck : No problem. I'll have our Porsche tech give you a call in a couple minutes-- What's your first name, area code and phone number?
nebreitling
this was fun! gotta read it from bottom to top....

--------

Chuck : [Chuck has left the chat]
You : wait -- maybe i don't want it!!!
Chuck : Thank you. We'll always be here whether you need a radiator or just free advice. Bye!
You : wait -- your not the one who's gonna give me the edit, right?
Chuck : No problem-- We've been here 20 years, and aren't satisfied till you are. If you'd like, I can put a note in our system, so if you decide to make us your last call, we'll know to beat any price you find. What's your first name?
You : what's your name?
Chuck : No problem. I'll have our Porsche tech give you a call in a couple minutes-- What's your first name, area code and phone number?
You : yes, and a quote for the EDIT, too
Chuck : There are a couple of different radiators, ranging in price between $74.00 and $274.00. We can get you wholesale rates on labor, assuming you went with our installation centers. That's about 1/3 what you'd pay at the dealer. Would you like me to get you an exact labor quote?
You : 54830 need it in 10 minutes
Chuck : Your price is coming. Looks like that '75 is a really complicated fit. I'll just quote you the most likely 1 of the 3 possible parts -- Or you're welcome to talk to one of our Porsche techs to be 100% sure. What's your zip code and how soon would you need it?
You : both, and i want a EDIT too
Chuck : good. We carry top quality aftermarket suppliers. Do you want quotes on just the radiator -- or installation too?
You : i don't care
Chuck : OK. Would you prefer quotes on an OE certified or aftermarket radiator?
You : 2.0
Chuck : Do you know the engine size?
You : porsche 914 1975
Chuck : We carry radiators for all types of cars and trucks. What's your make, model, and year?
Aaron Cox
old news girlfriend!
Eric_Shea
That was fun! I got Andy's number out of the admin area... let's see if he gets a call. w00t.gif

Chuck : Thanks. I'll have Hank or one of his techs contact you in under ten minutes. Meanwhile you can call us if you prefer at 800-248-8720. We'll always be here if you need to buy a part or just need free advice!
You : Andy Schmidt 650-xxx-xxxx
Chuck : No problem. I'll have our tech give you a call in a couple minutes-- What's your first name, area code and phone number?
You : I'll take the $99 Puta
Chuck : There are a couple of different radiators, ranging in price between $99.00 and $299.00. We can get you wholesale rates on labor, assuming you went with our installation centers. That's about 1/3 what you'd pay at the dealer. Would you like me to get you an exact labor quote?
You : I like complicated fits...
Chuck : Your price is coming. Looks like that is a really complicated fit. I'll just quote you the most likely 1 of the 3 possible parts -- Or you're welcome to talk to one of our techs to be 100% sure. What's your zip code and how soon would you need it?
You : Just the Bottom 1/2... the top 1/2 talks too much
Chuck : good. We carry top quality aftermarket suppliers. Do you want quotes on just the radiator -- or installation too?
You : A Blonde Latina please
Chuck : That's no problem, I think we can at least get you a price without that information. Would you prefer quotes on an OE certified or aftermarket radiator?
You : It's large
Chuck : Do you know the engine size?
You : Blow me
Chuck : We carry radiators for all types of cars and trucks. What's your make, model, and year?
You : Hi Chuck
Crazyhippy
I dont see the humor... my '70 has a big ol radiator in it...

BJH biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
believe it or not, I have used that site and got a new radiator for my jetta delivered in 2 hours for $100.
sww914
I told "Chuck" that my name is Richard Head, but please, call me Dick.
He didn't get it.
BMXerror
Yes...a couple months before 'meltdown' the club had a whole lot of fun with our buddy "Chuck". Good times.
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.