Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Internet drama
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I couldn't find the thread... What's up with all the different 914 boards?

And how did my login info (and all the message history) from the 914club.com site end up here?

I noticed the traffic at 914club.com has been a little low, and now it seems like more people post here. Is this the new home? What's the story?

Just curious. Existing thread somewhere?

-Steve
messix
you have now entered the twilight zone! huh.gif
siverson
> you have now entered the twilight zone!

That's what it feels like!

-Steve

sww914
Look for the thread- geeze guys -someone described what happened (highly disputed) in that thread, but at least it's a more brief description than most. I'm not sure that anyone not involved in the administration of the .com site really knows what happened, and some of them probably aren't sure. We're certain that there was a big blowup, and that money was involved, and now 914club.com paraphenalia is now for sale at cost.
I'm not looking for a fight here, I'm trying to stay with facts.
SGB
The old club had become more tech driven and racing focused. The folks that like to let us BS set up this alternate.
Rusty
Welcome, Steve. smile.gif

There are a number of threads and many various opinions of what happened. Nobody needs or wants additional drama, so I'm not going to rehash anything.

Hope you like the 914world and that it fits your needs... wub.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
r_towle
biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Ummmm, some stuff happened and people parted ways......

link
sjhowitson
From here on they be dragons !!!!!!! beer3.gif
rick 918-S
Hi Steve! Your car is outragous! wub.gif

Rusty
QUOTE(SGB @ Jan 25 2007, 07:11 AM) *

The old club had become more tech driven and racing focused. The folks that like to let us BS set up this alternate.

Damn, brother... I hate to hear that. I thought we were tech driven, with a special forum for racing. blink.gif

But, IMO, the good thing is that we're not limited to that. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 25 2007, 09:06 AM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ Jan 25 2007, 07:11 AM) *

Damn, brother... I hate to hear that. I thought we were tech driven, with a special forum for racing. blink.gif

But, IMO, the good thing is that we're not limited to that. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

Amen.
orange914
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Click to view attachment
Chris Pincetich
jsharp.gif andy914.jpg mcmark.gif ph34r.gif
beerchug.gif
Rand
I'm not that crazy about popcorn.

This place has all the tech resources you'll ever need and cool people to hang with. A balance that suits me well.

Some damn cool people over at clubNarp too.

Whatever. Don't stir shit. Just hang out where you like.

JoeSharp
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 26 2007, 12:38 AM) *

Some damn cool people over at clubNarp too.

Thanks Rand and thanks again for the new banner.
SLITS
abbspretainingtoporsche914swasstartedfromanoldwebsiteusedmainlyforsellingparts.thenewwebsitetookoffduetolackofrulesandweallhadfun. itwasagoutthistimethataprototypewasstolenandacoupleofpeopleweretakentocourtandab
unchofshitstartedonthesiteandoneoftheinvolvedpartieswentotjailbutdeniedhewasacar
thiefandtheclubraisedmoneyforhisbailandfines.theotherpartywasleftoutinthecold. seeingthis,manyadminsandregisteredownerofthesitedecidedthatitcouldmakemoneyforev
entpurposesandpossiblytopaysomeoftheadminsorbuynewhardwareasneeded. theadditionofsubscriberfeeswasmetwithquestionsthatwerepoorlyhandledandwhatmoneyt
hatwassentinseemstohaveundergonemisappropriation.argumentswithintheadmin/ owner(s)circleragedandinretributionaccesstoadminprivildgesweredeniedtosomeandthe
nthednspointsweremovedinretaliation. becuaseofthestrifewithinthegoverningbodyoftheclubsite,itwastakendownandthenputup
andthentakendown. inthemeantime,somewhothoughtitwasallbullshitregistedanothernameandanotherbbswass
tarted.andthenanotherbbswasstartedandthenanother.afteraperiodoftimethesplitintheadminswassomewhathealedandbothsiteswentbackup. onesitedumpedallthefunloversthatmadethesitewhatitwasanddeclareditselfforracerand
seriouspeopleonly.parkinglotracingandavoidingconesisseriousracing?ohwell. theothersitetriedtobewhattheoldsitewasbutintheprocesshadpissedofsomeoftheregular
contributorswhodecidedtohangoutononeofthenewsites. thisdistressedtheadminsoftheclublookalikesitethatsomeoftherealassholesdecidedtos
huneveryoneanddotheirownthing.astimeispassing,thesewoundsarehealingandthefunsitehasit& #39;smemberswhocrossoverandpostonthemirrorsiteandsomeofthemirrorsitepeoplecorsso
verandpostonthefunsite. nowthemembersofthefunsitecouldreallygiveashitifthemembersofanyoftheothersitesare
pissedoffandwefartintheirgeneraldirection. wearestillprettymuchahapplyfamilywithnohostilitiesexceptforintheadminsforumswher
ebattlesstillrageovernothing.sothismaynotbethecompletestoryandthecompletestorywillneverbereallytold.eachsidespinstheinformationfortheirpurposesandthat'sokbecuasenoneofitmeansshitanyway.in50,000yearstheearthwillbecomeaniceball.youcanworryaboutitnowandscrewupyourlifeoryoucanletitgoandhavefunateithersite.hellyoucanevengoandbecomearealraceroryoucanstartyourownsite.it'sallbullshit. hopeyouarehappywiththeanswerandifnotthedramaqueensofanyofthesiteswillnowsetthest
orystraight.

***editedattherequestofanunknownpm.slitsisnotawussy.
KaptKaos
agree.gif
TROJANMAN
H o w c o u l d y o u a g r e e ? I g o t d i z z y r e a d i n g t h a t d a m n t h i n g a n d c p u l d n o t g e t p a s t t h e f i r s t l i n e . S P A C E B A R S L I T S . R A N D T H A N K S F O R T H E K U D O S
ChrisFoley
I like slits' explanation best so far smoke.gif
balljoint
slits=jamesjoyce stan.gif
orthobiz
heyslitsithoughttheearthwasheatingupandwillbeafireballandnotaniceballbiz
SLITS
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 27 2007, 05:14 AM) *

heyslitsithoughttheearthwasheatingupandwillbeafireballandnotaniceballbiz

nope,robertj.ringerwasGAWDandhesaidiceball(thesunisfizzlingout)andibelivehim.youknowinyourheartthatallrealestateagents/brokersareintheknow.
Krieger
Hey Slits I don't know you but I hope you go to the WCC. We all need to get drunk!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.