Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I got something in the mail today that made me think of happier ti
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
I went out to the mailbox this afternoon to retrieve my daily dose of bills, credit card offers, and other junk mail. As I walked back to the house, I started going through the pile. Well, when I got to the item below, I stopped and smiled.

How many people remember the eBay 914 parts ads with this model? Better yet, who remembers the effort to chip in to buy nude photos? Ahh...those were the days when the 914 community would come together for a worthy cause. biggrin.gif

Our parts who...er, model now graces the cover of the Penny Saver.
Click to view attachment
nomore9one4
Everytime I see her I want to buy a set of Cibie headlights. biggrin.gif
orthobiz
The Pennysaver reminded me of being in college on Long Island and combing in the car ads and being first to look at a 2002 or a 914 or a TR6. My best friend Danny and I would buy and sell cars every summer, keeping select ones (my Signal Orange 71 1.7 liter among them) for ourselves.

Or, bringing the midnight shift guy a bagel and a cup of coffee to get the first copy of BuyLines straight from the printing plant. Sometimes so early that we'd call people at 10 o'clock the day before it came out.

Maybe even driving into Manhattan to buy the inner sections of the Sunday NY Times on Saturday night (7PM in Times Square). Vendors would be amazed that we didn't care if it even had a front page. We'd pore through the Sports section (car ads in the back) and start calling.

Back in those days, traveling to Westchester or NJ was a big deal, after all, why bother when clean cars could be had within a radius of 30 or 40 miles?

Now, I'm in Michigan combing the web for a car and looking at roundtrip plane fares! Things have definitely changed...

AND

The cover of the Pennysaver never looked like THAT!

biz
nomore9one4
blink.gif
type47
how much would it have cost to move that distributor a couple of inches either left or right? biggrin.gif
jd74914
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFMAO laugh.gif
Midtowner
Eeew! Too many muscles. I'm not into that kind of thing. barf.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Jan 25 2007, 06:22 PM) *

Eeew! Too many muscles. I'm not into that kind of thing. barf.gif

Don't like going out with girls that can kick your ass?
736conver
I remember those ebay listings. Wasnt the ebay id "mastersteve" something. he bought my buddies 914-6 2.7 conversion.
jd74914
Yep, you are correct Brian . . . he had a ton of 914s. He always had a v8 and a /6 for sale . . . we almost bought a /6 project from him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.