Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 X
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
Its been a while but now finally its time for some updates..

The final pieces are getting put on pretty soon, did som test fitting today..

The wheel I picked..

The Big Red Boxster Calipers..

Just a picture of the car

cbenitah
i'll try this then

gopack
LOVE those wheels. how about some info on offset and spacers required! I automatically assumed that they were a later offset, and not very compatab le for our cars? I guess I am wrong. details PLEASE!
G e o r g e
looking good chris how soon till she's on the road?
cbenitah
don't ask me for the spacers.. I still don't know. But I have help there..

Fronts 17X7 205-50-17

Rears 17x9 255-40-17

Should be soon, the engine is good to go.. Although now is soon time to start my engine conversion since this took a little longer than expected.. (about 7 months more)
Aaron Cox
nice dude!
john rogers
Whoa Chris those are the first picts I saw of the final paint and body work from Los Ponchos! Your other posts were just too long for an old guy like me to wander through to get to the good stuff. Looks like the Mercedes silver came out just right!
Aaron Cox
are those adapters to fit 3" struts????
cbenitah
AA how would I know that biggrin.gif uhm, Not sure but they fit my struts I got fro mRich Johnson

John, Thanks I know they were long so I thought showing it here would be better.. Mercedes Silver was never picked.. I changed it to 2005 Gt Silver from Porsche
cbenitah
Here is a pic of the rear suspension.. Koni adjustable..

I'll try to find my pictures, but I have vented rotors on all 4 to look forward to..

I'll be able to go from 80 - 0 mph QUICK it will just take a while to get to 80 laugh.gif
alpha434
Riveted flares......?

COOL!
cbenitah
I'm not super sold on the rivets..... I need a POLL for that. Keep them or now???!
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(cbenitah @ Jan 25 2007, 11:21 PM) *

I'm not super sold on the rivets..... I need a POLL for that. Keep them or now???!

Naw... Looks like bad surgery, like a Franken-porsche. Time for a hammer, then some bondo. Or am I just an old-fashioned guy?
Crazyhippy
I dont like the riveted look on the street... On a track car i can understand it, but why not make the whole fender Dzus removable then? I say lose the rivets.

BJH
TonyAKAVW
I'm also not a fan of the rivets. Otherwise though the car looks great! Those brakes are going to be fun!

-Tony
cbenitah
Its been about a year since I got the flares on there and IF I did bondo them in they would have cracked by now. They have flexed alot as you can see in the third image.. Steel would be my choice if I blend them.. they will do for now at least.

Chris Pincetich
Why not run a line of rivets along the top of the rocker panel to complete the look?
I love those brakes and wheels beerchug.gif
Brando
Wow Chris, your teener has come a long way!

That's going to be one mean looking 1.8 cool_shades.gif
cbenitah
haha, it will be a fast stopping 1.8..

no the 1.8 will be a /6 I just have to start collecting the parts for it.
cbenitah
Then its the day.. I drove my car today for the first time in one year and that feeling was amazing! We still need to make some adjustments for ride height etc, But its getting closer..

Here is a preview

eeyore
It looks very nice. I really like the wheels. But what's with the toilet in the neighbor's driveway?
cbenitah
haha, it is just flair for the picture.. It ran really good when I drove it too, but front wheels touch the fender so we need to trim it, not sure if B had time to do that last night
KELTY360
Since you don't need them any more.....

Can I have your jackstands?!!

Looks great! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Allan
That looks really nice Cris. Hopefully we will be able to hook up again so I can see it in the, get this, I coined a new word:

"Afterform".... beer3.gif

Look forward to seeing it.

Nice work...
cbenitah
Here are the before and after pics of the exterior..

Aaron Cox
very sick. looks sinsiter
scotty b
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 23 2007, 03:57 PM) *

very sick. looks sinsiter

agree.gif
cbenitah
thank you sirs.. its been a long year.. now I need to fix the interior, get the boxster muffler going and then drive it daily.. biggrin.gif
markb
QUOTE(cbenitah @ Apr 23 2007, 04:31 PM) *

thank you sirs.. its been a long year.. now I need to fix the interior, get the boxster muffler going and then drive it daily.. biggrin.gif

You mean we're supposed to DRIVE these things? Not just look at them?

av-943.gif
cbenitah
thats what my friends keep telling me.. since they have barely seen my car on the road they are extremely doubtful about it ever running..
G e o r g e
what ever happened with pimp my ride and that 71 you picked up?
TonyAKAVW
Nice! You've got to drive that to the next Joe Sharp event.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.