Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to buy keys?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I see keys on eBay for incredibe prices. They're just freaking KEYS. 15-20 dollars per key is NUTS.

Anyone got a reasonably-priced source for OEM keys? I'd like to buy a couple of sets.
Rough_Rider
If your not hung up on an original key, any good locksmith place should be able to sort you out for < $5 per key.

A couple of years ago i gave up with the whole originality thang. Most the parts are oem replacements. & jokingly there not real Porsche's anyway poke.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 25 2007, 04:17 PM) *

I see keys on eBay for incredibe prices. They're just freaking KEYS. 15-20 dollars per key is NUTS.

Anyone got a reasonably-priced source for OEM keys? I'd like to buy a couple of sets.

the ones that say PORSCHE on them are at a premium usually 12 or so from different suppliers, the ones that look just like them without the PORSCHE but still with the square rubber head are usually around 5 bucks, and the all steel ones 2.50! Any one should have them available.
jd74914
I got them from the local dealorship for cheaper than they were on ebay or in any of the catelogs. I don't remember they exact amount but I think it was actually $15 for 2 keys.

If I remember when I go home I'll look it up for you.
John
Rusty, you could try here:

Performance Products

Pelican

AA

It would seem that everything with the PORSCHE name on it is also EXPENSIVE.

I thought most aftermarket keys are plated brass for ease of cutting.
jimtab
The keys are VW keyway, any good locksmith or hardware store...
markb
Or our own hwgunner. He keeps them in stock.
ArtechnikA
/6 keys are not VW keys, sorry guys...

Tony Euganeo is The Guy for 356 and early 900 Porsche keys. He usually attends the Hershey event, where, a couple of years ago, he made a perfect copy on a factory blank for my only 911 key, compensating for a considerable amount of wear (i believe it was the original...)

here's his site: <http://www.lockandkeyid.com/>
markb
Good site, Rich. Thanks.
I belive this is the gentleman who was next to us at GAF a couple of times. Really knows his stuff.
Grelber
I got "real" Porsche keys, that look like the original with the Porsche name on it from my local Porsche dealer. Only $7.50 ea. and they cut them for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.