Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to remove window vinyl stickers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mightyohm
I have a vinyl sticker on my cars that I would like to remove, but I would like to preserve it during the removal process. Is it possible to remove vinyl stickers without destroying them? I am going to try a heatgun unless anyone has any other suggestions. Can the glue be reused?
Joe Bob
A very sharp, new and wider than the sticker razor blade would be my first choice.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 26 2007, 08:01 PM) *

A very sharp, new and wider than the sticker razor blade would be my first choice.

Used in combintion with a heat gun/hair dryer, then placed on waxed paper - no plastic wrap.
seanery
cover the whole thing in a low-tack masking tape first...then do the razor blade thing. If you get if off put it on wax paper and leave the low tack masking tape on it...cause you won't be able to get it off until you put the sticker on a new item.

I'd give you odds of 1 in 6 to be able to be successful.
McMark
Can you buy them new or know someone who has the artwork and a vinyl cutter to recreate them? wink.gif
Brian_Boss
I just removed some vinyl graphics from a damaged body piece on my kart. They probably don't stick as well to the plastic but I simply peeled them off carefully.

Not to hijack this thread but I have been wondering about reapplying the graphics to the new panel. Some of the adhesive stayed on the old panel. Is it possible to reinstall these and, if so, what's the best way? Some special adhesive?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.