Full Version: My flares (or what's left of them)arrived
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pffft
So the box finally arrived.
Click to view attachment

And there ARE pieces of metal inside
Click to view attachment

G e o r g e
DAMN chair.gif chair.gif looks like the delivery truck used the box to drive over a curb
Eric_Shea
ohmy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(George H. @ Jan 27 2007, 01:20 PM) *

DAMN chair.gif chair.gif looks like the delivery truck used the box to drive over a curb

agree.gif ar15.gif
pffft
Not quite what I ws hoping for, though.
Click to view attachment

Maybe they look better in the sunight?
Click to view attachment
neo914-6
Patrick,

sad news, are they insured?

are you set at replacing the hand formed flares on Muellers car?
So.Cal.914
A lil bondo and some elbow grease, good thing they were not FG. blink.gif
Joe Bob
Well THAT sucks. Be prepared for a LOT of bullshit from the shipping company....they automatically blame it on improper packaging.

Hopefully the Doctor will ship another set and take those back....save the packaging and take MORE pics.
effutuo101
That really bits...
StratPlayer
mad.gif
LvSteveH
ohmy.gif Wow, that's unreal. I had 8 flares in a box and some were tweaked, but not nearly that bad as yours. Just give George a call and I'm sure he'll take care of it.
eric914
Any comment from the DR?

I still havent received my set but from the looks of things I would rather wait to get a decent set and not something that was rushed out. A few pieces of paper is really a piss pore way to ship something worth $650.
boxstr
Mr Shippy must have been really pissed that day....
DanT
popcorn[1].gif
brer
If you saw them come off the truck like that then refusal of delivery might have been a good move. At my office we never sign for damaged goods.

sorry about your damaged goodies. sad.gif
Carrera916
Holy Crap!

I would be very pissed about it.... ar15.gif

sad news, are they insured?

are you set at replacing the hand formed flares on Muellers car?

I hope it's insured and if not, well, I was the one who did the handform flares on your car (assuming you got the car from Mueller this month or so) maybe we can take a good look at it to repair it....but first get someone to take the responsible for this bullshit...or at least get payment for repairing it?

I am in no position to assuming AA is involved with this transaction but I hope George H. could chime in and perhaps put a grip on the manufacture to be responsible for shipping like that....that's totally unacceptable, man!

good luck.....

j
michaelt55
man...I really wanted a set but just couldn't pull the cash together. Now I am glad I didn't.... WTF.gif Someone needs to be responsible..

Michael
Lightweight_911
I heard from George a couple of days ago that mine have been shipped direct from the manufacturer - they're coming to the UK so I hope they've been packed a lot better than that...
JPB
I think you don't need insurance for this one because insurance is not required for other peoples negligence or better yet for the carrier to do their job. If they say you need insurance to insure the delivery company does not damage it, then it sounds like a mofia deal to me. Like, you pay us not to f^%# it up. Do do do.

The package was not lost or stollen but looks like someone was not doing their job and were careless in handeling. WTF.gif
scotty b
Mine came from AA and were VERY well packed. You should deffinitely contact George and make sure he sees those pics. That is TOTALLY inexcusible whether the manufacturer or, more than likely, the shipping co. is responsible. As for the fitment I was very pleased with the fit on my car. there shouldn't be a whole lot of werk to get them perfect.
pffft
George contacted me right after I posted and I am
sure this will be sorted to my satisfaction. Seeing
the box and bent bits sucked, but doo doo happens.
After watching the shipping delays due to blizzards and
then a train wreck, it was already funny, in a sad kinda
way. chairfall.gif

I had a motor shipped to me that got dropped.
Hit the cam so hard it bent the cam pulley and
pushed the cam back so far the followers were
no longer on the lobes...

Felix, I guess the cats out of the bag. Yeah, I grabbed
Mikes car. Haven't seen it yet, but I will probably get
in touch with Jerry about the other rear fender.
I bought these for a different car, but I think it may
be going to Fiid, so either they'll go on the white car
or in the corner with the untouched fiberglass flares.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone.

patrick
nomore9one4
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 28 2007, 08:04 AM) *

Mine came from AA and were VERY well packed. You should deffinitely contact George and make sure he sees those pics. That is TOTALLY inexcusible whether the manufacturer or, more than likely, the shipping co. is responsible. As for the fitment I was very pleased with the fit on my car. there shouldn't be a whole lot of werk to get them perfect.

agree.gif
rhodyguy
zoiks! the carriers agent must have been exhausted after jumping up and down on the box.

k
autohausdolby
That sucks so much sad.gif I'd be gutted!
nomore9one4
I think we know what caused the train derailment! blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am sorry for the shipping damage. All of the flares were heavily insured and guaranteed by Tim the manufacturer for fitment and quality. I will have him reply directly to those who have had damage problems. I would say that this is typical ups though. They just do not care, but pay insurance claims readily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.