biosurfer1
I'm in too

(Brett Korven)
ConeDodger
Ummmm OK... I can do that.
Martin Baker
biosurfer1
Martin,

I didnt look at my sheet that close, how many laps did we do Saturday?
Martin Baker
I had 25 or 26. I kept stopping to let everyone by, so I could run a clean lap...never happened.
biosurfer1
my friend justin said the same thing, i must have gotten lucky because i had a couple laps where i ran flat out..but i agree it was crowded.

i was trying to get a feel for what 55 laps would be like...sounds like a great time now!
Andyrew
Whats your guys's best run on the no fear track?

I can proudly say Im faster than dad!!! But I think its down to weight and agressiveness now..

Martin Baker
This will be on the Dr. Pepper track...however, my best was a 22.87 the only time I drove it.
Andyrew
Dr. Pepper track is pretty good, not as much passing as the No fear track, but a dang good back straight...

Martin Baker
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 29 2007, 10:27 PM) *

not as much passing as the No fear track

So far all of the folks I have driven with said the exact opposite, no fear requires the other driver to let you by...the straight allows for a real pass if you set it up right.
Justinp71
I would be in, but I got plans for that weekend.. Sounds like its already crowded. Hit me up on the next one !!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Jan 28 2007, 09:49 AM) *

No more hot laps on this folks, 8 drivers need to confirm, to make it happen. If you are on this list you will need to show up, no F'in around. This has to be pre-paid for.

4 March, other details to be announced as they are known.

FOR Trekkor:

As your activities director, I will arange the whole deal in the upcoming week. I will know all the details after the 31st.

The cost is $42.00 per driver.
Current list is here.

4. Rob (I can kick everyone's ass) Sime Huh??? I just hope I can DO 55 laps. All I know for sure is that I can afford 55 laps. biggrin.gif
5. Dan Dalen
6. Andrew Dalen
7. Brett Korven
8. Martin Baker
9. If needed.
10. If needed.

Andyrew
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Jan 30 2007, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 29 2007, 10:27 PM) *

not as much passing as the No fear track

So far all of the folks I have driven with said the exact opposite, no fear requires the other driver to let you by...the straight allows for a real pass if you set it up right.

I think i averaged around .5 passes per CORNER last time I raced No Fear. (and one of those passes was my dad!!! BOO YA) I dono the real number, but I was passing people left and right.. 2 or three at a time some times.. wait for them to let you pass? HA, find the line, drive it, adjust for traffic.

But I have yet to drive Dr. Pepper track, (only been 2 times) so Im pretty excited!
biosurfer1
so whats the over/under on how many of us get black flagged?:0
Martin Baker
biosurfer1
i had one pointed at me, but i got sort of spun by someone else. I'm not sure if you noticed, but I know the track manager (one of the guys waving the flag from the video) so he went a bit easier on us. I'll talk to him before the next race to see if they will cut us some slack again. He said most guys know when they've messed up and correct it, they are usually tough on everyone, though, because of insurance.
Andyrew
I get them all the time.. but its mainly because im in the wrong place at the wrong time.. What can I say? Im trying to take every oportunity to pass and make fast lap times!

They dont seem to do anything unless what your doing is deliberate or stupid... Then they'll wave you out.
addwestern
You already know I'll be there... And BTW Happy Birthday Martin!!!

Nate
eg914
Hey Martin,

Add me to the list. I'll be there to help fill in the 8 minimum, but will be willing to bow out to faster drivers (just abou anyone) if more than 10 want to run.

Thanks for you effort in setting these days up, they have been a blast so far!
Martin Baker
List updated! One to go!
Justinp71
I'd be in .... but its my girls birthday weekend... sorry.. I can do any other weekend...
Trekkor
Thanks for the update.

I'll try to make the next one.

How about a Monday night on the "Supertrack" sometime?

KT
Martin Baker
Martin Baker
QUOTE(eg914 @ Jan 31 2007, 09:56 PM) *

Hey Martin,

Add me to the list. I'll be there to help fill in the 8 minimum, but will be willing to bow out to faster drivers (just abou anyone) if more than 10 want to run.

Thanks for you effort in setting these days up, they have been a blast so far!

Bill you are very welcome. I am glad to be a part of all of us getting together to speak 914. The KART thing is a bonus, and the food there is OK as well.

Martin
Trekkor

I thought you didn't hang out here Trekkor.

Who says I do? laugh.gif

Yes, Monday night is fantastic. Have you driven the "big track"?

KT
Martin Baker
Does the Nurburgring count?

No, not the one at RPM...I want to...
Trekkor
You want to do a Monday night in a few weeks?
I'd do the race after 2:00pm on Saturday or Sunday.

KT
Trekkor
I ran the big track tonight.

38.72 is the time to beat.

I was 3rd overall in a field of 13.

The 1st and 2nd place drivers had a full two seconds on me.
Then again I had a full 120#'s on them.

I'd like a rematch with them again, only they get to haul 120#'s of weight on board.

The two kid's were obviously regulars, as the workers new them by name and they had there own racesuits, helments and gear.

I would not be surprised if they were 50 session a month members ohmy.gif

This was my first time back in about a year.

OK, I'm making excuses why a 6th grade girl took me to school...
owned.gif

KT
Andyrew
Ahh.. I guess it really helps that im a 6' tall 155lb stick...

Ya.. drifting around slower drivers.. ahh, doesnt get much better than that...
Trekkor
Yeah, well I'm 5'9" 220# dry.gif

KT
dan10101
Guys, I need to bow out. I have commitments at Church running the sound system. I won't get done until 12:30 and then have a 1 hr drive north.
If we can't get one of the 914 guys to take my place, I'm sure we can find one of Andrews crazy friends to drive in my place.

I'm real sorry, hopefully someone will step up.
Dan
Martin Baker
Martin Baker
PatW
I'll be there. Please add me to the list. driving.gif

That's RPM, the Kart track off Hwy 50 and Sunrise?

Thanks,
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PatW @ Feb 27 2007, 07:35 PM) *

I'll be there. Please add me to the list. driving.gif

That's RPM, the Kart track off Hwy 50 and Sunrise?

Thanks,

50 and Bradshaw... Sunrise is about 3.5 miles East of RPM
pffft
Are all the seats full? Let me know if someone bails
and I'll fill in.

patrick
Andyrew
www.raceplacemotorsports.com
Martin Baker
The
PatW
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Feb 27 2007, 08:11 PM) *

The two Pats make it 9 and 10, so we are full up at 10, but someone could cancel...feel free to come on by, and socialize! You could end up driving your heart out!

Sounds great. see ya all then. biggrin.gif
Tobra
I will probably swing by and say hello, or try to anyway. Will have to hustle to get done in time...

Nice orange car Martin, very pretty. What is the history on it? It may be the same one I almost traded straight up for my bug for back in the late 1980's if it is local. Same color, stripe and bumpers.
Scott Carlberg
Hey Guys,
Andrew sent me an email a couple of days ago, asking IF I'd like to fill the 8th spot, and while my $$ situation says NO, I did tell that I would, but IF others stepped up to take the spots I would step aside.

It looks like that has happened, which is GREAT for this event.
I still might come up to watch and I'll bring my camera to take a bunch of pics.
Martin Baker
We only need 8, but you are welcome to join in!

Martin
PatW
Sorry folks, I won't be there for the race. Family obligations this day came up.

Scott. Go get'em driving.gif
Martin Baker
Any other folks who can't show? I think this puts us back to 8 Drivers...

Final icon_bump.gif
biosurfer1
i'll be there...even put off leaving for my vacation!:)
porschecb
I will be there but not driving. I like Martins idea of 8 carts. But I understand that some may not agree. See ya in the AM.
Martin Baker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.