Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Yellow Background CA license plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Need a matched pair.....yellow background, black numbers with "56" in the upper right corner.
jim_hoyland
Theres a company that sells them with any letter/numbers you want. Try:

http://www.licenseplates.tv/cat/california_147.html

I had a new blue Cal front plate made up

Jim
Joe Bob
Yeah....I know of them. But I'm looking for originals that have fallen off the DMV record so that I can use them on the new 356 project I have....
jim_hoyland
If the car has a current license plate number-or is about to get one- you could have those numerbers/letters embossed on the aftermarket set?

Just a thought

Joe Bob
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 28 2007, 11:27 AM) *

If the car has a current license plate number-or is about to get one- you could have those numerbers/letters embossed on the aftermarket set?

Just a thought

yeah, done that with a personalised plate, already...it's on my 911 in blue with yellow letters. At 75 per plate, plus the annual fee it's a bit pricey.

However, no such animal as a personalized yellow background plate and using modern CA numbers there are too many......they only had six...3 letters and 3 numbers like JJF 317....my old VW bug plate.... blink.gif
Eric_Shea

Not allowed (from the FAQ on their site)
Aaron Cox
mike - ill talk to my uncle... he has lots of pre 60 cars and rollers....
Joe Bob
Just got an email from a dealer associated with the 356 registry....$275 restored and transferable in CA....
boxstr
Holy Crap A guy here in Oregon who does the same thing, restore lic plates only charges $100 for the plates.
CCLINOHSORRY ITSAPORSCHE
Joe Bob
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 28 2007, 01:05 PM) *

Holy Crap A guy here in Oregon who does the same thing, restore lic plates only charges $100 for the plates.
CCLINOHSORRY ITSAPORSCHE

Got contact information?
boxstr
I will get it monday.
CCL
markb
Hmmmm, sounds like Mikee is going CW on us. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Hardly....I just like things different. Crappy reflective CA plates aren't high on my list.
brer
I have a matched set in original paint.
They are in Ventura as well, so you would have to wait for me to head up there to dig em out.
Aaron Cox
mike,

i emailed my uncle....
"they usually run $150-300 depending on condition. They're actually 56 plates with a 58 sticker. I can find a set for you."
brer
You may find that a little metal tab with the year on it is needed to be "right"
Joe Bob
QUOTE(brer @ Jan 28 2007, 08:51 PM) *

They are in Ventura as well, so you would have to wait for me to head up there to dig em out.

I'll trade ya A-ron's spare kidney.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 28 2007, 09:51 PM) *

as long as i get a 2.8 motor and an oil tank... we are cool.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 28 2007, 09:59 PM) *

In the mail.....anyways....if some one has a set that they use as a wall hanger....all I need is to borrow them....have DMV inspect them, register that number, they can have the plates back...I'll get repros made....
brer
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 28 2007, 09:59 PM) *

idea.gif

how about this,
if you dont find what you want by the time I get up there next, you can check them out.
Its going to be a few weeks at least until I can do that trip.
Joe Bob
No hurry....the ride isn't even in CA yet....still in the boonies of New Jersey. Needs a complete strip and refurbish.
brer
you should have got my towbar.
something told me you were going to need it.

rmital
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 29 2007, 12:45 PM) *

the ride isn't even in CA yet....still in the boonies of New Jersey.

....you have to drive about an hour past the boonies to get to where the car is..... biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(brer @ Jan 29 2007, 07:57 AM) *

you should have got my towbar.
something told me you were going to need it.

I had asked about it...I guess I flaked. Still got it? blink.gif
Eric_Shea
C-Dub.
Joe Bob
Craig.....ever find that contact information?

Also need the 1958 California sticker.....anyone got one and wanna sell it?
boxstr
Yes I did find the contact info, the fellow apparently had a heart attack and passed away.
CCLINRIP
Joe Bob
So how'd ya get him to answer the phone? blink.gif
Joe Bob
Success....$11o on evilBay with the proper 1958 sticker. Thanks for all the help....I B a CW.....
Andyrew
too little too late. I have an original 56 with a 62 registration on it.. 3 numbers, then 3 more numbers..
Joe Bob
IPB Image

A little rust, but hey....almost 50 years old.
r_towle
I saw that post on the reigstry list, came here expecting to see PICS of the car...

DA Project (said like Da Bears on saturday night live)

Show some more pics,,,I cant believe you bought it on one pic....

Rich
Joe Bob
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 3 2007, 06:37 AM) *

I saw that post on the reigstry list, came here expecting to see PICS of the car...

DA Project (said like Da Bears on saturday night live)

Show some more pics,,,I cant believe you bought it on one pic....

Rich

link

More pics were in another thread....but since I like you ....
nomore9one4
I can't wait to see this one! That is going to be sweet! Are you leaving the vinyl top?

I would like to have a cream white with a saddle top and saddle interior. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.