Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harness Bar install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Need a little help here. I did a quick test fit of a used harness bar I won on ebay. It came off another 914.

As the pic shows, I am struggling getting it to fit with the existing seat belt bracket. As you can see, because of the mounting plate of the bar, the existing seat belt bracket sits at an odd angle (it should hang straight down). The original belt is still usable at this angle, but it does make it bind somewhat.

Am I missing something or is this just how it is? My idea was to keep the bar mounted in the car permentally, but of course use the standard belts for day to day driving.

I appreciate any tips, thanks!
Aaron Cox
they are NOT designed to work with stock belts.....

for the 5 points... not for the stock inertia reels..

you get used to 4 points in a daily driver... it isnt bad.
ClayPerrine
JR,
You are welcome to come over and look at the harness bars in both our 914s. Betty's is a 911 bar (yes it fits) that has an adjustable link at both ends. You just unscrew the link, slip the factory belt guide over it, and put it back together. It works fine.

Mine was made with holes for the stock belts.

Sorry.. no pictures, camera battery is dead.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 28 2007, 03:02 PM) *

they are NOT designed to work with stock belts.....

for the 5 points... not for the stock inertia reels..

you get used to 4 points in a daily driver... it isnt bad.

Bull stromberg.gif

We have stock belts in both cars AND the harness bar.

Dave_Darling
I just let the belt hang over the harness bar, and the guide loop slides along it.

--DD
jr91472
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 28 2007, 02:24 PM) *

I just let the belt hang over the harness bar, and the guide loop slides along it.

--DD

agree.gif

After reading Aaron's post I went back to the garage to take another look and had a "wow, I could have had a V8 moment". headbang.gif

....did I just date myself.

....and thats the drink, not the motor.

thanks all! laugh.gif
ClayPerrine
Here you go...

Betty's car.

Click to view attachment

And my car.

Click to view attachment

The bar in Betty's car is nicer to look at and easier to install, but the one in my car works better for mounting the stock belts.
JoeSharp
Clay, Andy figured out how to focus a camera.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 28 2007, 08:37 PM) *

Clay, Andy figured out how to focus a camera.

Yea.. I figured that someone would notice that I am an honors graduate of the Andreas Schmidt school of Photography.

jrmole
I am curious - could I install a harness bar with Autopower's roll cage? It seems like it would fit, but I would love to know for sure before I buy the bar.

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.