Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me a cool interior door panel job?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The interior door panels are going to be completely redone sans the map box, window regulator, and stock passenger door pull. I would like to see some of the creative designs used on the door panels.

Thanks,

jim
Dave_Darling
This is the door of Philip J. Haun's "Blue Thunder", with some nice custom work:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Another car at the same Pac NW gathering in OR had some nice interior touches:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

--DD
jim_hoyland
Nice pic Dave ! Is the door handle module in the first pic adapted from another car ?
scotty b
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 28 2007, 03:28 PM) *

Nice pic Dave ! Is the door handle module in the first pic adapted from another car ?

911 handle, 911 style panel
Aaron Cox
looks off of a 911
burton73
This in not only what I am doing for leather interior for my 914-6 but I am going with the same color paint. This is the 916 up in San Francisco for sale.

Bob Burton
JPB
Looks decadently sweet! I'm thinking of just using the top padded stock door panel part and using a sheet of carbon fiber for the rest. It should look cool and might even incorporate the GT type of door opening dealio. Sorry no pics and still CFing the rear wing or kindof. biggrin.gif
burton73
This is a left door shot. I wonder what Georges 916 looks like inside?

Bob
Click to view attachment
I had this same color combo on a 79 SC Targa 25 years ago. It smelled great and I love the combo, my 86 Cab. Carrera is the same color or dam close to itClick to view attachment
jd74914
If George's is the Peter Gregg 916 his car has a blue inteior that has stripes that say Porsche. I really liked that interior.
jim_hoyland
Great looking door panel. Are those elastic pockets normaly made by the upholsterer?

QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 28 2007, 08:07 PM) *

Bob
Click to view attachment
I had this same color combo on a 79 SC Targa 25 years ago. It smelled great and I love the combo, my 86 Cab. Carrera is the same color or dam close to it

burton73
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 28 2007, 08:15 PM) *

Great looking door panel. Are those elastic pockets normaly made by the upholsterer?

I will get my left done that way. I take it was for elbow clearance. This is the real deal. There is not a lot of factory 916 to look at. My pictures say they where from 2000. This car was down in the greater LA, Oxnard area for sale for a lot less money than they are trying to get more. They want over $300,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280018912321

Bob

QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 28 2007, 08:07 PM) *

Bob
Click to view attachment
I had this same color combo on a 79 SC Targa 25 years ago. It smelled great and I love the combo, my 86 Cab. Carrera is the same color or dam close to it

jd74914
You need to go for the full brown interior ala 916. IPB Image

Aaron Cox
paisley seats wub.gif
mills914/s
Door panel and related...I think like they came from factory, But not the pipping on the seats.
Aaron Cox
those doorpanels have been redone.....
mills914/s
Yep they have been redone but I think like they came from factory
Aaron Cox
the pattern is like 75/76 basketweave, but the upper pad is alot bigger than stock.
mills914/s
I know the PO did it all somewhere probably in Mexico cause I got the car in SD.
Its a 72 car.. SO you say the basket weave is in newer 914's? 75/76? not in a 72?
Aaron Cox
maybe... first impression looked that way.. would need a close up to check...

im sure someone else can confirm.
drive-ability
Simple, nothing fancy and lots of room for "stuff"

IPB Image
mills914/s
Drive-ab............
Where and what did you get those pockets of of? aktion035.gif
They are super cool. non complicated door panels!
RON S.

Mine is minimalist,I wanted the GT look.

Ron
nomore9one4
I have a set that are going in my next project.They are in the saddle tan color with a cinnamin accent. I will take a photo and post one later.
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 28 2007, 02:49 PM) *

This is the door of Philip J. Haun's "Blue Thunder", with some nice custom work:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Another car at the same Pac NW gathering in OR had some nice interior touches:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

--DD

Some blue-T-ful work there DD. How did you get the sunburst pattern on the underside lining of the top?--is it stitched-in, or what?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 29 2007, 04:04 AM) *

Mine is minimalist,I wanted the GT look.

Ron

Ron,

I'm going with same type of look except I plan to leave stock inside door handle to open the doors. I have the same door pull (circled in red) as you. What is it attached two?

Thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The 916 panels look very similar to the euro 916 someone pictured on this thread. However our 914 has a combination of Porsche cloth and leather. Looks very attractive and simple. We did some like door panels with the porsche cloth and the stretch pockets that looks very factory. The only downside of any of these custom panel configurations in my opinion is that they eliminate the ARM rest. Nice to have on those long trips down the interstate. (you guys in Kansas!)
jim_hoyland
Nice brown coloring, you get glare off the light colored dash back onto the windshield ?

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jan 28 2007, 08:40 PM) *

You need to go for the full brown interior ala 916. IPB Image

Dave_Darling
QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Jan 29 2007, 09:06 AM) *

Some blue-T-ful work there DD. How did you get the sunburst pattern on the underside lining of the top?--is it stitched-in, or what?

Who, me?? I just took the pics... I don't know who owns that car (or who owned it then, even). I'm guessing the pattern is stitched-in; I think you can see the contours in the cloth.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.