Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Dash For VAN Cash!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rick 918-S
Here's the skinny, I spoke with Brad. We have an idea how much the van bill is going to be and it looks like were short. Between now and Sunday night we need everyone to hit the PayPal account as hard as you can. It's easy. Every can afford something. Come monday Brad will contact his benifactors and ask them to make up the balance. I don't want him to have to do that. This was our project together. I want us to finish it. Don't worry about donating too much. There is a 914 Club Event coming up. The balance can be used for that.

I want you to think about how long we have been working to help Dave and his family out. Were at the finish line with fresh tires. We just need to take a shortcut onto pit road for a splash-and-go to to Win. If you never felt Victory now is the time!
Brad Roberts
Yeah. This is hard for all of us. I HATE asking for anything.. I'm really good at giving, but the time is now. I know we will be short...if we run over.. I can actually send it back to people or dump into a new shirt run "I paid for Daves Van" ...LOL laugh.gif

Help us help Dave.

I promise we will NEVER hold another fund raiser (until I need new race car tires) LOL

b
Brad Roberts
I dont get it... how can 25 people view this new thread and not respond ??

Say something.. tell us to F-off.. anything.

B
seanery
maybe they paypal'd.
scottb
My $50 is in...

Cough up boys..... drink Bud instead of Fat Tire this week!!! beer3.gif
scottb
paid via paypal...

and if it makes you feel better Brad...

finger.gif

hehehehehehe
Brad Roberts
Damn.. 130$ in less than 5 minutes...LOL

I'll shut up now.. and yes .. that makes me feel better...LOL

b
Brad Roberts
155$

I'm only giving the new total since this thread started.

b
Howard
I'll shut up now.. and yes .. that makes me feel better...LOL

Yeah, right!
Brad Roberts
I actually need to leave...LOL (which is why I was going to shut up).

b
krk
Alrighty then.

I'm in. I don't paypal, but I'm sure my ca$h will find a happy way to Brad.

I think I want something tho -- I think I want more pics of the alien 918 that is living at Rich's place! laugh.gif

Even more, I wanna see it running! (yeh, rich will whack me with a fish soon... laugh.gif)

But I'm happy to help push the van to conclusion, tho it better be able to drive up to seattle. (now to run out for some Bud)

kim.
rick 918-S
That's what I'm Talkin About! We can Do this. smilie_flagge24.gif
markb
My 50 is in. Lemme know if you need more, I can squeeze some plastic a little.
Brad Roberts
I dont even want to think about "How" we will get it to him until its done/complete/finished.

b
Brad Roberts
205$

B
Brad Roberts
Thanks to all of you so far... I got so used to seeing 5-10$ increments.. I forgot what 50$ looked like..LOL

b
Brad Roberts
225$

Who the heck is "goflyakite@cox" ?? LOL I recognize most emails but didnt know that one.. pretty funny.

And yes.. I could search the admin area for the email address.. I'm lazy.

B
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 21 2003, 04:26 PM)
Who the heck is "goflyakite@cox" ??

wavey.gif That would be me.
Brad Roberts
Oh..

Thanks man. aktion035.gif

b
anthony
How much are we short? What's the goal here?
Brad Roberts
275$

We dont know exactly how short we are. We wont know that until Monday. But just from some quick math... WAY short.

I dont want to give any numbers. It doesnt make sense. I have people in the wings to take up the BIG slack.. but I dont want to pull the resource if we dont have too.

B
Brad Roberts
Everyone following this thread:

put this into you signature under "my controls" "edit signature"

DONATE TO THE DAVE VAN HERE (almost done)

Sooner or later ALL BBS people will see it.

B
GWN7
No Paypal, but I'm heading to the USA on Monday to pick up my mail. Count me in for $50. Post a snailmail address to send it to.

Edit: No cheque, will send a money order, cash it at any postoffice
Brad Roberts
375$

Had a paypal come in while you posted GW

B
Brad Roberts
ALL914
20 Pamaron Way Unit D
Novato Ca. 94949

Just when I thought we where done with the checks.... LOL I used to spend hours signing checks and making deposits when we first did this with the 5$ stickers. It almost killed me.

B
rick 918-S
I'm not that smart. I'll try to figure it out. I'm waiting for my wife to get home so I can do my part. ( can't figure out the paypay either huh.gif ) I'll have her add the Donation link too..
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 21 2003, 04:14 PM)
I dont even want to think about "How" we will get it to him until its done/complete/finished.

b

depending on 'when' the van is done, I could still help get it to him, providing there's
alittle bit of the fund remaining to get me home!
Brad Roberts
395$

Someone is watching the thread.

B
Brad Roberts
You have to walk Scott.

b
Bleyseng
Ok, sent in my .02 worth on the damn van

Geoff
krk
RE: getting the thing moved

I can go 7 hrs either way from San Jose. That is, I can find a way down to pick it up and bring it up to God's Country (aka: the Bay Area) or I can take it north from GC for 7 or 8 hrs and leave it with someone and find my way back. (i.e. I'll take a second car either way)

kim.
Brad Roberts
425$

B
Brad Roberts
DOH. Geoff.. you sent it to MY paypal account. Use Sales@all914.com That is the one I dont use.

B
Jeffs9146
You should have my $100 bill!! smilie_pokal.gif

Jeff
Brad Roberts
Damn. 525$

B
Brad Roberts
Thanks Jeff. Very generous of you. pray.gif

B
Jeffs9146
No problem! Anything for a teener!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
One less monkey off my back very soon.

B
Brad Roberts
550$

B
madd_dogg_914
Okay, I did what I could. I haven't donated yet to this fund, so hopefully that helps.

-Chris

C'mon people, it is for a damn good cause!
Lets all help out smilie_rolli_1.gif so we can beer.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif together
Brad Roberts
Um...

800$

man.. I am going to owe some of these people big time..

B
Curvie Roadlover
cool_shades.gif
I'm in
Brad Roberts
870$

this will help A lot.

B
biosurfer1
"owe us" brad? i think its the other way around..this is our way of paying you back... GO BRAD!! smilie_pokal.gif
fiid
I just put $1 for every mph I just hit coming up skyline from HPH just now :-)

The biker that went past me was doing 30-40 MPH more than I was :-)

I wish the 914 was running. I'm starting to like the Miata too much.

Fiid.
Brad Roberts
970$

I feel like Jerry Lewis... only thinner.

Come on people.. We have 10 more phone lines empty. Operators are standing by.

Remind me to HUG my mom and dad.. they made me watch the damn telethons.

B
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 21 2003, 04:39 PM)
Everyone following this thread:

put this into you signature under "my controls" "edit signature"

DONATE TO THE DAVE VAN HERE (almost done)

Sooner or later ALL BBS people will see it.

B

I'm not that smart. I'll try to figure it out.

Just put a < tag at the front.
And a < /a> at the back. (no space before the /)
Cut and paste to your edited signature.

a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=6747">DONATE TO THE DAVE VAN HERE (almost done)
Brad Roberts
Thanks Vegas.. I was trying to post the actual code.. forgot the BBS would convert the code ..LOL

b
Bruce Allert
Just to be sure...... are we still using the PayPal for the Dave Van donations tonight at the top of the page?
(Sorry for being slow on the thought processeeees) had to give up the Fat Tire tonight at someones request laugh.gif
bruce
Doug Leggins
I'm in also.

C'mon folks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.