Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone tried them oil filters?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
http://trasko-usa.com/

Thinking about giving them a try.
Joe Ricard
Looks similair to the System one brand. I ran a System 1 on my 928 for 13 yrs. It worked fine. There were 2 different micron filter elements. one for all out race motors and one that was better suited to street cars with a lower micron value.
Rusty
Interesting.

They claim that oil never breaks down or wears out and therefore never needs changing, just cleaning.

But... they advertise a 29.95 fancy drain plug replacement.

Why would you need that if their other claims were true? biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
listen, they are from Yakima so I don't believe a word they claim. That's why I am askin....
Heeltoe914
I think its better than a stock filter if you have ever opened one up you will be shocked by how little thay do even the big named companys.
I have always used this type on rece motors and it really shows when you open up the motor.

Try CM racing see what thay offer.
brer
I second CM racing.
they have one that fits the type 4 (i am told)
5 micron filter canister.
anodized.

http://www.cmfilters.com/spin-on.cfm
Aaron Cox
Lee,

your oil only gets filtered after it warms up?

or it gets filtered an extra time when the thermo opens?
Bleyseng
25-262 only $100.....hmm, should've had that on my Xmas list.. blink.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I would need more info than they give.( from a disinterested third party) . Who said " Build a better mouse trap ( or oil filter) a they will beat a path to your door.
Looks as if that path isn't very deep at this time. This is not to say that there isn't a lot of room for improvment in oil filters as we know them now. Dave slap.gif
Bartlett 914
While we are on the subject, Has anyone used Mecca oil filters? I got one a long time ago. I stopped using it when I ran out of filters. I was never really sure if it was a good thing or not.
sean_v8_914
ONE HUNDED BUCKS!!!
LMAO
dflesburg
Canton Mecca.
Bleyseng
I am planning to visit friends in Yakima in 3 weeks so I will drop in and do a tour of the plant/shop/garage/barn.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 29 2007, 02:27 PM) *

Lee,

your oil only gets filtered after it warms up?

or it gets filtered an extra time when the thermo opens?

No I still have the filter on the tank.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.