Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOT 914 Bull Riders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooltimes
Maybe Off Topic but maybe not.
Anyone owning a 914 ever do any rodeo bull riding?
What is it like sitting up on the bull before the chute opensand then the next 8 seconds? How does it relate to the mechanical bulls some place had or still have.
Any 914 owners ever ramble as a group and go to those things?
Where?
I am curious is the only reason I ask.
So.Cal.914
Well I've ridden waves...no bull.
Crazyhippy
I've done 400+ HP 914's and ridden a mechanical bull... No comparison, the 914 is more fun, and WAy more controllable. The bull is like trying to swim in a washing machine.

BJH
BarberDave
trophy:
HELL, Were ALL full of Bull. Dave
ClayPerrine
Nope... not me...no way in HELL am I sitting on a bunch of pissed off steaks that weigh more than a 914.

Betty keeps trying to tell me that I have the perfect body to be a bull rider, but I keep telling her that I have something they don't........ BRAINS!

I figure that bull riding was started by a bunch of stone drunk cowboys sitting around the fire trying to one-up each other on what they can ride. One of them called the other's bluff, and a "sport" was born. drunk.gif slap.gif

cooltimes
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 29 2007, 09:35 PM) *

Nope... not me...no way in HELL am I sitting on a bunch of pissed off steaks that weigh more than a 914.

Betty keeps trying to tell me that I have the perfect body to be a bull rider, but I keep telling her that I have something they don't........ BRAINS!

I figure that bull riding was started by a bunch of stone drunk cowboys sitting around the fire trying to one-up each other on what they can ride. One of them called the other's bluff, and a "sport" was born. drunk.gif slap.gif

I like to watch them on TV. The stadiums smell like crap so I don't go. I used to think it was the animals smelling like that but after seeing the real pro's on TV, I figured it out. The riders are hitting the ground so hard and often, it's knocking the crap out of the riders. Just kidding.
I think you could be right Clay but aren't most of those rider's college kids? I think they are tough when I see them whizzing thru the air and then a bull stomping and tooting their horns in their skin.
I never even tried the mechanical bull riding but think that would be something new to try and to do at a 914 ramble. Anyone want to ride? Ebay probably has a bull for sale and if it's mechanical, I bet Betty is right. Clay should try since he is exceptionally good on mechanical 914 things.
Ride em Clay !! Yahoo. av-943.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
Mueller
I've only done the mechanical bull riding at the Saddle Rack back in my urban cowboy days....usually would make it to level 5 or 6 before getting airborne blink.gif

I would never, ever try the real thing..... well, i guess if it's prepared correctly chowtime.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 29 2007, 11:06 PM) *

I've only done the mechanical bull riding at the Saddle Rack back in my urban cowboy days....usually would make it to level 5 or 6 before getting airborne blink.gif

I would never, ever try the real thing..... well, i guess if it's prepared correctly chowtime.gif

How long did you stay on to achieve those levels Mike? I missed out but did see a 4 year old stay on one at the State fair a couple of years ago. Mom was controling the movement and speed though. Eventually had to make him get off or get a spanking.

chowtime.gif That reminds me. Ever see how those bulls eyeball the riders? They know they better do their job and get it done quick or it's Rascal's BBQ and SteakHouse for the weekend.

Good to see you still posting. Means a lot to many of us. Thanks.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 29 2007, 10:33 AM) *

i think ive got bull riding beat... 15 foot day at the wedge....

only these guys are nuts enough to do this on 20+ foot days......

IPB Image
IPB Image

cooltimes
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 30 2007, 12:12 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 29 2007, 10:33 AM) *

i think ive got bull riding beat... 15 foot day at the wedge....

only these guys are nuts enough to do this on 20+ foot days......

IPB Image
IPB Image

Wow. Water like that could light the whole state and then some.
Reminds me of some I used to see when living out there when I was 16 and a lot more naive. Lived with my Step Mom and Dad. After living with them for about a year, my step mother told me I would probably enjoy getting into a wave like that and riding my rubber raft and my Dad said , "You trying to kill that boy?" I remember the smile well.
So.Cal.914
I broke my sholder there along time ago, to much fun.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 29 2007, 10:39 PM) *

im at a couple fingers and toes....
cooltimes
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 30 2007, 12:45 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 29 2007, 10:39 PM) *

im at a couple fingers and toes....

OK. I gotta ask. When the wave rushes in like that ( I am assuming the water in the front becomes a lot more shallow), as the wave tosses you from the board, does it throw you forward into the shallow or suck you under and drive you down hard into the shallow and break the bones?
Going to bed now and probably dream about all the bull & surf board riding, some 914 starters, Dr. 914's view and Jakes engines and all the fun you guys and ladies still surfing here are having. No wonder I never get anything done. Oh. right. it's takes lots of money.

Goodnight.
So.Cal.914
Not many boards at the wedge, body surfing. It's not bad when you hit the water

in front of the wave, it's when the wave comes down on top of you and kicks the

sh!t out of you... over and over.
ClayPerrine
Now Surfing.. that is something I always wanted to try.

Aaron.. you want to teach me to surf next time I am out in SoCal?
iamchappy
I've experiance a big day like that at the Wedge. Kinda scary but fun.
sean_v8_914
teh real bull is more jaring and direction changes are more harsh and sudden than the mech version. teh mech bull stops when youre thrown, the real bull stomps and comes back around to get you. the holly shit factor is MUCH higher. when teh bull snorts and snarles in disaproval of your presence, you can feel it through your legs. I was still in teh air as I saw him buck his rear up and around to face me. thank God for rodeo clowns and uncle Bernard and Tito. I was 13
So.Cal.914
In my MX days I would take a real beating duering a moto but if I fell off

the bike did not turn around and stomp the sheet out of me. I take my hat

off to them.
sean_v8_914
oh...rides...I thought you said slingers
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 30 2007, 10:55 AM) *

teh real bull is more jaring and direction changes are more harsh and sudden than the mech version. teh mech bull stops when youre thrown, the real bull stomps and comes back around to get you. the holly shit factor is MUCH higher. when teh bull snorts and snarles in disaproval of your presence, you can feel it through your legs. I was still in teh air as I saw him buck his rear up and around to face me. thank God for rodeo clowns and uncle Bernard and Tito. I was 13

That is exactly what I meant when I say that "I will not sit on 2000LBS of pissed off big macs." biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.