Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Rear Calipers...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racer
I know that 914-6 rear calipers are hard to come by. Good thing I have some. However, I need to rebuild the calipers.

Where can I get rebuild kits? (pelican lists them as NLA)

Are the calipers the same as, say early 911 calipers? Is there a cross-reference that I am not aware of?

Help! sad.gif
GWN7
Take a look at this thread.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=23490

Should give you some ideas
Racer
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jan 29 2007, 06:33 PM) *

Take a look at this thread.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=23490

It was an idea. I stumbled across the thread. Wasn't real clear if "6" rear calipers were included on the list of ones he does, since they are different than the 4's (my recollection anyway).

I am not put off by doing the work myself, I just need the parts to do it! smile.gif
914Sixer
Send them to Eric and go easy on yourself. Yes, the seals are the same as the 69-? rear 911 but the hard part is finding the O rings for the adjusters. Unless the pistons move in an out freely with the adjuster screws, you run the risk of breaking the springs that move the pistons or the adjuster itself.
Joe Bob
He will either tell you where you can get them or offer to do them for an excellent price. They come back REAL pretty.....
burton73
QUOTE(Racer @ Jan 29 2007, 06:40 PM) *

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jan 29 2007, 06:33 PM) *

It was an idea. I stumbled across the thread. Wasn't real clear if "6" rear calipers were included on the list of ones he does, since they are different than the 4's (my recollection anyway).

I am not put off by doing the work myself, I just need the parts to do it! smile.gif

When it comes to caliper rebuilding it is best left to the people that do it all the time and are masters at it. I am not put off at doing a lot of work. I would split my cases and rebuild my 6 at the drop of a hat, but the guys are right to send you to Eric. The work looks great and all the people here seem to recommend him. He will do my 914-6 rears and early Aluminum S calibers up front. Have you ever lost your brakes?

Bob Burton
rickyhgarcia
My 914-6 Calipers

That's what Eric did for my 914-6 rear calipers...enjoy.
DonTraver
Eric restored my 914-6 calipers last year. Excellent, better than new, great price too. Can't recommend him enough. Stop fast brakes are more important than go fast cars IMHO.

Good Luck, Don
Eric_Shea
Thanks all.

Racer, I have kits available for -6 calipers @ $25.00 or yours restored are $265.00 plus $8.10 shipping.

This seems to be -6 caliper season. We have 5 sets in-house right now, including a set of factory GT calipers from the very first 914-6 off the assembly line.
Racer
Eric and everyone else, thanks for the feedback, advise and help. In fact, it would be a project for my dad. He believes his rear caliper(s?) are sticking. Not sure how much he wants to do this himself (retired, older, lots of free time vs the aggravation of doing it).

Thanks!
Eric_Shea
Have Him Read Through This Thread wink.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Racer @ Jan 30 2007, 12:58 PM) *

Eric and everyone else, thanks for the feedback, advise and help. In fact, it would be a project for my dad. He believes his rear caliper(s?) are sticking. Not sure how much he wants to do this himself (retired, older, lots of free time vs the aggravation of doing it).

Thanks!

Is you dad older like me. 54

He can wax the car. Or rebuld somthing different.

Bob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 30 2007, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer @ Jan 30 2007, 12:58 PM) *

Thanks!

Is you dad older like me. 54

He can wax the car. Or rebuld somthing different.

Bob

it is very easy to rebuild stuck calipers, but to do the thorough job eric does takes a professional well setup to do such. Caliper kits are readily available along with detailed rebuilding instructions, the six rear caliper using a circa 1970 911 rear caliper kit along with two factory caliper half o rings and then a large and small inner and outer o ring. finally if the inner or outer adjuster is stripped (or if the inner is missing), those parts are also readily available along with the copper inner sealing ring the inner adjuster cap both in allen socket and 10mm hex, the c clip for the outer adjuster the very thin locking nut and the plastic hex protection cap and the bleeder nipples and rubber covers.

I have ten 914-6 calipers on the shelf just for my personal stock in case anything happens and that is where they will stay hopefully!!!!!!!!
Remember like Eric said the ferrari 308 calipers are the same as 914-6 but with a spacer for vented rotor and the bleeder nipple is upside down!
Eric_Shea
I just opened the box full of #11's calipers. Man... for a caliper weinie it's "cool" stuff. "Real" GT calipers off the first 914-6 off the line. Interesting S-Calipers as well. I'll start a thread and show some subtle differences.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.