Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 33 year old 2.0L heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
here are my 2.0L heads that have been cleaned and beadblasted....no other work has been done to them yet....what do you think for original heads with 160K miles on them... smile.gif these look to be good candidates for a little rebuild... clap56.gif
DanT
and the close ups

and the last shot is what they looked like last weekend. sad.gif
Aaron Cox
right on! no VISIBLE cracks!!!
DanT
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 30 2007, 03:00 PM) *

right on! no VISIBLE cracks!!!

Pretty excited that they looked that good....I was expecting a lot of cracks....

these should just require new seats (even though these look great), new valves, new valve springs, new guides and off we go.... biggrin.gif
nocones
Wow!
I'm impressed.
Jake Raby
Better than most.... Someone did't use 5th gear too early and kept it in tune...
Now, eat them up and see what you find...

You are going to change those seats, right????
McMark
Those are nice. I see two possible cracks.
McMark
And here
DanT
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 30 2007, 07:11 PM) *

And here

I agree Mark, that one might be a small crack...the other one looks fine in the flesh.
Pics don't do them justice.
Even so one or two small cracks are much better than what I was expecting. smile.gif

yes Jake, the seats will be replaced when I get the guides done, and any cracks taken care of...still pretty impressed considering their age and mileage.
And there is no sign of previous welding or grinding in the chambers.
Virgins.... blink.gif
Jake Raby
Those are possibly cracks.. The oven will tell the tale.

One or two small cracks that are visible to the naked eye really means at least 1-2 more that you can't see....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.