Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deal gone bad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
94teener2
thought I bought a header, was I wrong.

Here's are the emails. I asked for some pics. of the headers
------------------------------------------
Hi Fred 8:49

When do you think that you might be able send the pics. of the header. Also does the system have the stub pipes? I have heard that the stub pipes are cylinder specific, do they have a mark to identify which stub goes with what cylinder.

Thanks
Andy
---------------------------------
date jan 24 11:56

Andy,

I sent pics to what I thought was your address last night. System has stub pipes that are still attached to race engine. They would be included, but I'm not removing them until the header is sold in case someone wants the engine complete. Yes they are marked and cylinder specific.

Send an email to me at xxxxxxx to be sure I have your correct address and I'll send the pics. again. I copied from the 914world PM so it should have been right. There were four pics, maybe your server rejected it.

Fred
---------------------------------
fred jan 24 19:19

you were right the pics were sent to my bulk file. I'll take the headers. How do you want to handle the transaction.

thanks
andy
---------------------------------------------------
jan 25 5:51

Andy,

1) I'm leaving AM tomorrow for long weekend. Back Monday.

2) First order after work Monday is see if all this money and work on the six conversion was a success. (will try to start it for first time)

3) I need your address. I need to see what will break down on this thing, find a box, weigh and calculate freight. Also need to remove stub pipes. That should happen Tuesday. Again, it might take two boxes.

4) All the above said, once I can find out freight, if you want to send a Postal Money Order you can to save PayPal %. Otherwise Paypal is fine with me.

5) If you have a time crunch, I'll try to work something out differently.

Thanks.

Fred

jan 30 13:15 (This message i typed in couldn't block out address everything else is cut and paste)

Fred

My address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks
andy

------------------------------
jan 30 19:40

Andy,

Sorry, but I didn't hear back by yesterday and #2 guy wanted an answer so I committed to him. Hate that this happened, but I was left not knowing your status was a go.

I'll keep you in mind as a friend is converting his four as well.

Fred

And that's it. Am I wrong to be pissed.
Joe Bob
Has money been exchanged? If not, let it go....
Andyrew
I agree.

Their are other headers in the sea.

94teener2
No money was exchanged, tell you the truth I'm not that pissed. Just seemed like a shitty thing to do.
SGB
Five days doesn't seem like long, but in this world of instant communications, expectations seem different. I know sometimes I happen to emal someone and get an immeadiate response. In fact, usaully most email interaction I have at work has an expected one day turnaround- at least for an "I got your message" response. I hear it all the time: "Didn't you get my email? I sent it yesteday." I don't think he did you wrong intentionally. Maybe he should have sent a "where are you?". I really don't like electronic communication. The rules aren't clear and there is so much noise (spam, viruses, etc) that important info gets lost....
So.Cal.914
Unfortunatly a gentlemans agreement dose not mean as much as it used to.

I am sure this is not your first dance and it won't be the last so as Mike said

let it go. When one door closes...
Hammy
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 30 2007, 06:29 PM) *

Sadly this is Andy's first dance over here on 914world. He's a 914club guy that didn't know about the new "world" site.
you'll find your headers beerchug.gif
biosurfer1
how do you know he really didnt get that email from you stating your address?

you said just a few lines up that you didnt get one of his since it was delivered to your bulk email box...just playing devils advocate here
BMartin914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 30 2007, 07:29 PM) *

I agree.

In selling things in the past here, I have always tried to be fair in regards to the first to contact has dibs, then the second if the first passes, etc. But with other venues, the first person with cash wins - period. I have been strung along more than once by someone who says they want something, then passes. By that time you may have turned down an offer because someone said they were comitted.

I can't necessarily blame the seller, but I let the venue dictate my policy and this one is different from CL (IMHO).
gopack
What I try to do is paypal cash ASAP, even if it jsut a deposit. that way there is no confusion. I would never expect anyone to say "SOLD" unless I had made a FIRM commitment, and that always means $$$$!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.