going to enjoy it. driving.gif They have two more events this
year, one tomorrow that I will miss sad.gif the teener is down
at Brad Mayuer's for a little TLC. wub.gif

I just realized I never asked what class I will run in. ohmy.gif
I have a 70 with 75 2.0L, side shift, front & rear factory
swaybars & Koni sports (so far cool_shades.gif ). Be ready for
a ton of autoX questions.

- Garold

PS pic of the teener getting ready to go to Brad M's.
Brad Roberts
C street prepared unless you have stock exhaust on it.

B
john rogers
In San Diego the Porsche drivers poke fun at the SCCA auto-xers but not surprisingly, at most Porsche Parades the top winners are also SCCA drivers. A couple of years ago one of our fast Boxter drivers started hanging with the SCCA crowd and got even faster. At a championship event he let the nat't champ drive his car and the other driver was over 2 seconds faster!!?? A lot to be learned from those folks. Good luck and don't worry about the class, etc yet.
Brad Roberts
John nailed it.

Get seat time. A LOT of PCA people make fun of them until they go head to head. SCCA takes this stuff seriously and SOME PCA events feel "half-assed" to me. More like a social event than a competition event. I also happen to know that his region has several national winners in it.

B
kdfoust
I love to go play with the SCCA folks when it matches my schedule. There are some very skilled drivers that run the local SCCA AX events. I'm planning to spend 1/2 or more of my run schedule next year at SCCA events. I've found the courses at SCCA AXs to be much more interesting and challenging than PCA courses (with a couple of outstanding PCA exceptions). I also like spank'n early M3s in my little 86HP car... happy11.gif

Have fun,
Kevin
J P Stein
I posted some results a while back. The TTOD guy....in his Miata, ran 38 AXs in 2002. .....that's serious. Donno how many this last season.

I did 18...give or take. Gonna do more next year. Any "PCA guys" that laugh at the SCCA guys don't run again' em'.

There are some ratty cars at the SCCA....worser than mine.
Some of em' go like stink. On a gud day, I can get into the top 20 at an SCCA event....which is better than the bottom 20.....BTDT. 125 to 150 cars show up at these events.
DuckRyder
Since a 2.0-4 was never available in a 1970 (IIRC) it runs CSP regardless of the exhaust. If it were a later car and the 2.0 was available in the year, it could run a non-stock muffler after the HE's and be legal (again IIRC) in C-Stock.

Either class, expect to see the Miata hoard.

You are likely to see some $500.00 cars on $250.00 trailers with $10-15,000.00 into the engines and suspensions, at least around here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.