Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Need A BIG Favor!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
As some of you may know, I'm travelling with the circus this year. Since I'll be gone until Mid-November I turned off my satellite television service. The hotels where we stay don't get SPEED channel and I'm gonna miss seeing F1.

Can anyone here record it for me? DVDs would be great...hmmm I've got an idea. If someone here wants to record it (and maybe practice and Qualifying, too) I'll send you a DVD recorder to do it with and some blank disks as well.

I've got an address in Florida that will forward to the circus wherever we go.

Anyone interested?
cooltimes
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 31 2007, 09:24 AM) *

As some of you may know, I'm travelling with the circus this year. Since I'll be gone until Mid-November I turned off my satellite television service. The hotels where we stay don't get SPEED channel and I'm gonna miss seeing F1.

Can anyone here record it for me? DVDs would be great...hmmm I've got an idea. If someone here wants to record it (and maybe practice and Qualifying, too) I'll send you a DVD recorder to do it with and some blank disks as well.

I've got an address in Florida that will forward to the circus wherever we go.

Anyone interested?

Is the F1 a once a week scheduled program or what?
I did do a F1 program schedule on Speed Channel.
The next F1 event is in March 2007 but that is all the network schedule released.
I edited and removed myself from this as VHS was the format I know and use.
Good to see others helping you out.
Mike Cooley
Oakfield, TN
boxstr
Sean I would more than happy to record, since I watch everyone, but for some reason on my cable system I cannot record the three digit channels??? I am going to blame it on Comcast, they suck. But in reality it is probably in the wierd way my TV and VCR are hooked up.
CCLINFIA
seanery
Thanks for the responses here and via PM guys.

Anyone else?
I'll be out most of the day. Will check back in tonite.
Part Pricer
Sean,

Do you have Internet access when you are on the road? I regularly download the races via torrents. Usually the coverage that is provided on the UK channels is much better than what is on Speed. If you can grab a torrent, you wouldn't need to worry about having someone mail DVDs to you.

seanery
Paul,
how's the image quality?
How large are the files typically?

We have some issues with internet...but I also carry an aircard.
McMark
I can cover you Sean, but you'll have to pay my cable bill as well since I don't have cable. wink.gif But I'm perfectly willing. thumb3d.gif
Jeffs9146
I kept my cable connection and hooked it up to a Slingbox! Now I can watch my home TV anywhere that I have hi-speed internet connection.

I use it on my boat when I am parked at the marina.

Jeff
Part Pricer
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 1 2007, 11:04 AM) *

Paul,
how's the image quality?
How large are the files typically?

We have some issues with internet...but I also carry an aircard.

Image quality is normally excellent. But it varies based on who initiated the torrent. Here is an example of what I normally see:
Widescreen
Video: XVID 720x416 25.00fps 1117Kbps
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 48000Hz stereo 128Kbps

As far as file sizes, qualifying is usually around 500 MBs. Race day is usually around 1 GB.

I also use torrents for following WRC since Speed dropped it. Three day WRC events are normally between 700-750 MBs.

If you want to give it a try, here is the season finale in Brazil. This one is in 4:3, not widescreen.
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/504801/1908883/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.