Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drop and swap engine help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
ok guys I am swaping the engine in my teener .. but I need help doing the drop and swap . anyone in the rockford- ish area available for help I will feed and get beer if you want it ... and it may even be a heated enviorment !! biggrin.gif

seriously I will comp you anyway I can ..

mike
aircooledboy
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Jan 31 2007, 02:29 PM) *

ok guys I am swaping the engine in my teener .. but I need help doing the drop and swap . anyone in the rockford- ish area available for help I will feed and get beer if you want it ... and it may even be a heated enviorment !! biggrin.gif

mike

I'm in Mark. When are you thinking?
sk8kat1
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Feb 1 2007, 09:19 AM) *

mike

thats great chris!, thanks!!! beerchug.gif smash.gif I wasn't sure how loaded up w/ cases you were ... really it is up to you .. I have to drop the engine in one sitting .. and replace the trailing arm,seemed to be easier w/o the engine in place ... then I will be driving it to peoria to swap w/ brad then bring it back . I assume that would be an entire weekend worth of fun . then I imagined A different weekend to reinstall . I bought new clutch and accl cable , belt , plugs , ground straps, vac lines .. all the stuff that is maint that will be easier out of the car . I basicly just need to set the dwell and timing once teh engine is in . so you are helping me out so yo tell me what you think and I will work around that .

but the main thing I need help with is the drop and reinstall .. anything more than that is cake !!
sk8kat1
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Feb 1 2007, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Feb 1 2007, 09:19 AM) *

mike

thats great chris!, thanks!!! beerchug.gif smash.gif I wasn't sure how loaded up w/ cases you were ... really it is up to you .. I have to drop the engine in one sitting .. and replace the trailing arm,seemed to be easier w/o the engine in place ... then I will be driving it to peoria to swap w/ brad then bring it back . I assume that would be an entire weekend worth of fun . then I imagined A different weekend to reinstall . I bought new clutch and accl cable , belt , plugs , ground straps, vac lines .. all the stuff that is maint that will be easier out of the car . I basicly just need to set the dwell and timing once teh engine is in . so you are helping me out so yo tell me what you think and I will work around that .

but needs to be fairly soon because I have to be out of my house sooner rather than later at this point because of the soon to be ex- witch ... wife laugh.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi Mike

I am sorry I cannot make it out to your place. I have found myself in a backlog of work. If there is anyway you can find a way to get it here to do it, I may be of some help. If you need any tools, please let me know. I do have a floor jack you can borrow.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Feb 1 2007, 11:08 AM) *

Hi Mike

I am sorry I cannot make it out to your place. I have found myself in a backlog of work. If there is anyway you can find a way to get it here to do it, I may be of some help. If you need any tools, please let me know. I do have a floor jack you can borrow.

hey mark thank you too! yea I would love to have the space you have there but the trailing arm is bent and need sto be replaced still so it isn't real mobile right now.. but I may take you up on the floorjack. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.