Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet / L-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nor.Cal.914
How do I tell which kind of injection system I have? (D-Jet or L-Jet) Any help would be great. Thanks
-Chris
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Nor.Cal.914 @ Jan 31 2007, 01:21 PM) *

How do I tell which kind of injection system I have? (D-Jet or L-Jet) Any help would be great. Thanks
-Chris

big retangular steel ribbed air filter centrally located 2.0 D small plastic square air filter mounted way over behind the driver 1.8 L round central air cleaner 1.7 D
Rand
If still stock, then...
Ljet was on 1.8 motors only.
1.7 and 2.0 motors were Djet.
r_towle
take an engine bay pic
post it here
it will be answered in 10 seconds...whoever is fastest.

Rich
Bleyseng
2.0l Djet pic here
Nor.Cal.914
Looks like I have D-Jet. Here's a pic: I don't have the air box on right now or anything though. Thanks
-Chris
banger
Looks like you are missing your cooling flaps too.. Might want to get some...
Bleyseng
after you get done cleaning her up and replacing that bus oil breather/filler for a 914 with a PCV valve, the engine should look like this
Nor.Cal.914
Wow, thanks for that diagram that helped a ton! Thanks
-Chris
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Nor.Cal.914 @ Jan 31 2007, 05:35 PM) *

Looks like I have D-Jet. Here's a pic: I don't have the air box on right now or anything though. Thanks
-Chris

IF that is a 2.0 with D-Jet, then it has the wrong oil filler assembly. No pcv valve and the wrong filler neck and oil cap.

Could that be a 912E motor?

Nor.Cal.914
No, that neck is from a '75 1.8L. I had to swap it a while back, but I have someone who has a replacement I'm going to buy. Thanks
-Chris
jd74914
Whats with the fan shroud? I've never seen on like that.
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jan 31 2007, 08:42 PM) *

Whats with the fan shroud? I've never seen on like that.

No idea? confused24.gif How is it different? Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
Bleyseng
I think its from a 80-83 Vanagon...mountings for the air pump
rigglet
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 31 2007, 06:49 PM) *

after you get done cleaning her up and replacing that bus oil breather/filler for a 914 with a PCV valve, the engine should look like this

This is an awesome picture. Would anyone happen to have a similar one for a 1.7? I need to fix the vacuum hoses for mine as the PO did some creative hose work. dry.gif

I've got the diagram from the Pelican Parts site, but a picture would be a nice addition to that.
Bleyseng
this
Al Meredith
912E has L jet , like a 1.8L That fan shroud is for an air pump mounting. Look on the fan shroud in front of the distributor and see if there is a ser# . That is where the ser# is on a 912E ; not on the case.
Bleyseng
yeah, so does a bus blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.