Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: keyless entry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914fire
does anyone know what could cause interference for the keyless fob not to lock or unlock car doors. my wifes keyless entry will not work in the parking lot where she works buut works fine anywhere else. Any help here? confused24.gif
Jeffs9146
Tell her to touch the remote to her cheek when she presses the button! confused24.gif

It works for me.

Jeff
r_towle
might need a new battery.
Its a radio signal, so there could be interference...who knows...

Rich
drew365
Tell her she needs to click her heels three times and repeat, there's no place like home! biggrin.gif

I assume you're talking about the new keyless systems where you don't push a button on a fob, you just keep the fob in your pocket and the door opens when you grab the handle? That's the way my wifes Prius works and I thought it was bluetooth technology. Do a Google search using Bluetooth interference and you get lots of hits concerning bluetooth interference with wireless LANs. Could be that?
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(914fire @ Jan 31 2007, 05:35 PM) *

does anyone know what could cause interference for the keyless fob not to lock or unlock car doors. my wifes keyless entry will not work in the parking lot where she works buut works fine anywhere else. Any help here? confused24.gif

Wow! I've heard about a few guys putting in power windows, but now a 914 with keyless entry! Good job. Could be the lights in the parking lot--what kind are they? Does it work better when she gets real close (to the car--not to you)?
iamchappy
Same thing happens with my Jeep Cherokee at my wifes office building, my door locks dont work and found myself unlocking the rear hatch with the key and climbing in from the back.
1970 Neun vierzehn
As Rich has suggested, Radio Transmission Interference might be the culprit. Are there radio transmitters in the area or is the lot in a direct line from a radio source in the vicinity?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.