maybe someone can translate the text???
Eric_Shea
What do you want translated?
Brew
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2007, 08:32 PM) *

What do you want translated?

confused24.gif Whatever turns you on? biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Basically says they are tax lein vehicles that were stored in a public garage and... forgotten. Literally. Forgotten.
Brew
Where's it at, howzit located, who owns em now?
Eric_Shea
The Brazilian babe just left the room. I believe it's in Spain though.
Brew
No worries, just looked like some neat old cars with a LOT of dust on them.

Dibs on the P-car!
boxstr
They are in Portugal, with no car covers. Hope to have them cleaned up and on ebay next week.
CCLINBARNFIND
highways
Summary of translation from my Venezuelen gf... (the website is Portugese);

Essentially everyone on that forum is speculating as to how and why the cars ended up there. The tax lien idea of the bank repossesing the cars is just one idea. It doesn't quite make sense though because a bank usually wants to sell off something they have reposessed inorder to keep the money 'in the bank'. So to let them sit there- that's bad business.

Another theory is that it was a collection from a famous soccer player, who got divorced and stashed the cars away from his wife.

Another theory is some corrupt government official or officials collecting the cars illegally.

Another theory is during the time of the revolution, mid 1970's, owning a fancy car was considered the mark of a facist- so owner/collectors hid their cars away in a big barn collectively, possibly also because giving the cars to other family members through inheritenses wasn't allowed under the dictatorship's laws.

Another theory is that the cars were being consigned by a dealership- since people who owned them were possibly looking to sell them to foreign countries like America inorder to pay the bills during the political going ons of the 1970's.

Another theory is that it was a mafia car collector.

Anyway- everyone there is throwing out all sorts of wild speculation and no-one knows for sure. They are also estimating some really high prices for some of the really rare models. And for sure, everyone is drolling all over their keyboards. drooley.gif

That's what she was able to read into it.
DBCooper
I speak Porguese, and that's all correct. Another one of the theories is that they were collected for one of Sadaam's sons. But like all the other theories they're pure speculation and fantasy, just a bunch of guys thinking up every explanation they could come up with to explain it.

The cars are in Portugal, though the Auto Hoje site where the discussion's going on is in Brazil. I can't actually see the photographs from the original Interclassico (the vendor in Portugal) link, so this is just what's being said in the Auto Hoje forum..
Twystd1
This was banned for insufficient use of writing skills.

By the Author after another cup of coffee.

C
Twystd1
More personal banning of said author.

C
PinetreePorsche
That rave, above, by the Twystd guy was pretty objectional--and took up a lot of space, too. Doesn't the staff overseeing this operation have any standards? Really, that kind of stuff has no place here.
For the first poster: An easy clue to the Iberic languages, lots of accents, esp. the ~ thing-y over vowels, is a dead give-away for Portuguese. What a mix of neat and not-worth-the-space cars. What a job to wedge them all in there--and to get them out, too, if they are really headed for ebay.
Brew
QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Feb 1 2007, 07:23 AM) *

That rave, above, by the Twystd guy was pretty objectional--and took up a lot of space, too. Doesn't the staff overseeing this operation have any standards? Really, that kind of stuff has no place here.

av-943.gif
sean_v8_914
that is why he is THE Twstd1. the BBQ fumes have damaged him so be nice. its not nice to bag on retarded 914 guys
Joe Bob
Get a rope....
Twystd1
Legal action from the Pope and the Spanish community is imminent.

C
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brew @ Feb 1 2007, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Feb 1 2007, 07:23 AM) *

av-943.gif

staff implies we get paid smile.gif

twystd1 is our red headed stepchild.... we try to let him out of his cage from time to time smile.gif laugh.gif
cooltimes
Never would I complain. Many are classics and to see them in one place was cool.
The pixs were well worth the trip effort of clicking my mouse and looking. Dust beats rust and I knew I wasn't going to ever own one of those as I quickly dreamed by scrolling. Date of postings was seen as too long gone for anyone to jump on a gem anyhow. A day is too late and 2 days past is an eternity.
Thanks for sharing.
drewvw

regardless of the true story that is a fascinating collection of cars. Reminded me of something I posted awhile ago regarding a barn find in vermont.

link
bondo
IPB Image

What's this one? Can gustl name all the cars in there? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.