Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redshift check this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
http://www.brentwoodrocketscience.com/engine
This might work for you, but then maybe not??
CCLIN3.2GOGO
redshift
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 22 2003, 02:27 AM)
but then maybe not??
CCLIN3.2GOGO

I dunno... short check into the archives over at PP on the 911 board says we've all missed some real good deals..

smile.gif

Thanks

M
Brad Roberts
Problem is: almost all used 3.2's need a top end rebuild. Most of them smoke with anything over 80k miles on them. Its usually just a puff at startup.. but it gest worse as time goes on.

B
boxstr
The 3.2 that I bought has , as per PO 50000 mile. I am weighing wheter to do a top end. Will that be enough, or should I dig deeper and split the case? Just want a good solid engine that does not have to be dropped again soon.
This engine ran out very strong and did not smoke on startup or driving.
Advise.
CCLIN3.2TOWN
Joe Bob
Hey Craig.....call me.....
Jeroen
What Brad sayzzzzz...
The original valve guides are of a too soft metal and wear out too fast (approx. 80 - 100K miles)
Car starts to smoke and seriously use oil
If you don't fix it fast, you're looking at a full rebuild...

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
The bottom ends will go 300k miles. Do the top end while it is out.. or sell the car 30k miles from now and let someone else do it.

b
boxstr
Okay top end it is. I agree, while it is out better now than when bolted in and smokin. yeck.
Thanks all for the valued advice.
CCLINCAMP914
Brad Roberts
The best part: all the people who sell engines giving out the compression and leakdown readings... neither of which will let you know if the guides are worn or not.

Be careful buying used 3.2's

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.